George Floyd death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

'Tipping point': Greta Thunberg hails Black Lives Matter protests
People are realising ‘we cannot keep looking away from these things’, says climate activist

Greta Thunberg has said the Black Lives Matter protests show society has reached a tipping point where injustice can no longer be ignored, but that she believes a “green recovery plan” from the coronavirus pandemic will not be enough to solve the climate crisis.

Reflecting on the protests that have swept the globe in recent weeks, the Swedish climate activist told the BBC: “It feels like we have passed some kind of social tipping point where people are starting to realise that we cannot keep looking away from these things. We cannot keep sweeping these things under the carpet, these injustices.

“People are starting to find their voice, to sort of understand that they can actually have an impact.”

Craig_

Honorary Master
Only me and the coroner ?
Lol kkk references , its about police brutality , no racism was on display here , where is the proof anyone on scene was racist ?

Please show me where I said anyone on the scene was racist, I was referring to you sunshine.
It isn't really. We have bigger problems.

I shall remember this next time if you were to complain about racism from the anc.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Please show me where I said anyone on the scene was racist, I was referring to you sunshine.

I shall remember this next time if you were to complain about racism from the anc.
Yeah , nice try craig .
People who disagree with your one sided views of the world are not racist , unless you got some proof of my alleged racism?
Also craig you are racist.

edit
324852394.jpg

Last edited:

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Not really interested in anything The Guardian has to say ever since it came out recently that it was founded using money that came from slave labour.
I guess you arent going to be happy with nestle/apple/every other brand which outsources labor then.

The Voice

Honorary Master
I guess you arent going to be happy with nestle/apple/every other brand which outsources labor then.
FYI, I don't ever read The Guardian. It's a leftist propaganda mouthpiece, with people like Owen Jones being regular contributors. I'm merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of its readers.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
You're a funny little man, but as has been said you won't ever notice it.
Did you just assume my gender , misuse my pronoun and try height shame me ?
Lol .
Go be a snowflake somewhere else and stop tossing racist around like it means nothing , which it does.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Did you just assume my gender , misuse my pronoun and try height shame me ?
Lol .
Go be a snowflake somewhere else and stop tossing racist around like it means nothing , which it does.

Was a joke, no need to be triggered little boy.

azbob

Honorary Master
Calling people redneck hicks sounds a bit racist.... I’m just joking. All good.
We don’t get our feelings hurt by words.

Example:

I wish I could post pics of monkeys like the faggot tissueroux does and not be labeled a racist.

Why’s he a faggot? You may or may not be racist but you sure sound homophobic.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
As Trump rallies, Black Tulsa revisits legacy of 1921 race riots

Burned bricks and a fragment of a church basement are about all that remains of an historically Black district.

676e3af589944a02b7f44227ef86430d_18.jpg

Katrina Cotton, centre, of Houston, Texas poses for a photo with her daughter, Kennedy Cotton, age seven, as her aunt, Janet Wilson, left, takes the photo, at the Black Wall Street memorial in Tulsa, Oklahoma

In the real world, 74-year-old Donald Shaw is walking on the empty, parched grass slope by Tulsa's noisy crosstown expressway. He is on the other side of the city's historical white-Black dividing line from where President Donald Trump will hold a rally on Saturday with his overwhelmingly white supporters.

But Shaw can conjure stories and images of so much more - the once-thriving Black community that stood on this same ground, destroyed nearly a century ago by white violence and ensuing decades of repression.

"Just imagine, in your mind, all these homes," Shaw said one morning earlier this week, remembering the Black-built, Black-owned houses and churches that covered dozens of blocks where he is walking, the site of Tulsa's 1921 race massacre. "Just picture that."

"Hotels, movie theatre, roller rink," said Shaw, a retired man who spends his mornings sitting in the shade of an engraved stone memorial to the Home Style Cafe, AS Newkirk photography studio, and literally hundreds of other African American-owned bakeries, barbershops, lawyers' offices and businesses razed in the massacre.

187422c7c8fc4a5097148512136634de_18.jpg

The aftermath of the Tulsa Race Massacre, during which mobs of white residents attacked Black residents and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US, June 1921

Status
Not open for further replies.