Get Nando’s for a discount from Vodacom

quovadis

Executive Member
Why even have a voucher - why not simply deduct from balance and pass a saving like "5% off Nandos" when paying by phone...

Creag

The Boar's Rock
As I recall, my wife got a decent discount off a whole bird. So, yeah, all good. We had a great supps with that and some sides added from home :)

Toastmaster

No thanks. There's better uber eats discounts and they stack as well.
Even with discounts uber eats is still more expensive in most cases. Delivery fee, service fee and marked up food plus tip.

Box of Krispy Kreme R99 in store. R107 on the app. R6 service fee, R9 delivery fee depending on distance, tip let's say R10, you end up paying almost R130 for something R99 in the store. No thanks.

Agilesa

If you read the T&Cs - Failure to pay for the Sale on Advance voucher… you authorize us to recoup from your bank account (with service fees and any other bank fees). If you don’t pay after 30 days you pay a monthly service fee of R5.00 or R10.00 per month, subject to the value of the voucher.”

To finance a chicken meal is targeting the lowest income group - R5.00 per month on a chicken meal is equivalent to an APR of 120%

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Even with discounts uber eats is still more expensive in most cases. Delivery fee, service fee and marked up food plus tip.

Box of Krispy Kreme R99 in store. R107 on the app. R6 service fee, R9 delivery fee depending on distance, tip let's say R10, you end up paying almost R130 for something R99 in the store. No thanks.
Mostly get free delivery here.

envo

Expert Member
Or you could save up to 90% by buying the ingredients yourself and making Nandos at home. There's really nothing special about it, and you can make 6 or so burgers for the same price you buy a burger meal/milkshake for. Sure, you don't get a milkshake (you can still make your own, better and cheaper).

But if you're okay to pay 300% or more markup on chicken for "convenience" then I guess you have the money to spend anyway, so saving R2-R7 wouldn't matter as much considering you can't even buy a liter of petrol for that price.

For government though, eating Nando's every day, the discount can add up fast seeing as one Municipality alone pays like R150k a month for Nando's....

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I am clearly out of touch of Nando's offerings. I didn't know what the boujee bowl was.

Sounds tasty.

Bowl.JPG

Fox1

Executive Member
All that blurb for an R8 saving. Shows how ridiculously expensive the chicken is.

Just make your own:

blaaislaai

Executive Member
  • R25 Nando’s voucher, which gives you R27 to spend.
  • R50 Nando’s voucher, which gives you R55 to spend.
  • R75 Nando’s voucher, which gives you R82 to spend.

• R250 Hirsch’s voucher, which gives you R262 to spend.
  • R500 Hirsch’s voucher, which gives you R525 to spend.
  • R1,000 Hirsch’s voucher, which gives you R1,050 to spend.
These "discounts" are not worth mentioning. It's a joke really.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
These "discounts" are not worth mentioning. It's a joke really.
My time is worth more. They really should have targeted an affordable eatery like the local chesanyama instead so people who could do with R7 savings could get it.
Perhaps the point is Nandos had to pony up the biggest share of the savings