"Get Windows 10" icon at bottom of screen, next to clock.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
Anyone else noted the "Get Windows 10" icon next to the clock on start bar?

It asks you to register via entering your email address. That's where it seems to stop.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Anyone else noted the "Get Windows 10" icon next to the clock on start bar?

It asks you to register via entering your email address. That's where it seems to stop.
Yep, mine showed up this morning. Register then wait for it to be released.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
yes, I have also got it.

I read up on it that Microsoft are doing a pre release "book your free upgrade" for Windows 10. So all you need to do it register your details and then when it is launched you can upgrade to Win 10 for free. You will need 3 Gigs of download though when it does download.

envo

Expert Member
I'm sure this breaches some kind of privacy law. They're getting people to signup with a feature that pops up within your OS? What else do they have access to on your OS if they're able to do that? lol

d0b33

Honorary Master
Reserve a digital download? really Microsoft? but I registered anyway :rolleyes:

garp

Executive Member
I'm sure this breaches some kind of privacy law. They're getting people to signup with a feature that pops up within your OS? What else do they have access to on your OS if they're able to do that? lol
If you run windows updates it's kind of obvious that this means accessing the OS to update it. Adding an option to upgrade isn't a breach of privacy.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Are you sure? Or just speculating?

pratlou

Apparently won't show up on Win 8.0 - must be 8.1, and of course you have to install the latest win updates.

I do run 8.1 on both laptop's and updated them with the required KB****583 but still no pop up to register for upgrade.