Getting a console

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
So I belong to the PC masterrace...but a mate says he's got spare PS4 with games and what not.

So what should I be playing?

I gather Last of us and God of War are big. What else?

Thinking dark souls, but I hear it's frustrating?

Not interested in anything that has a PC version.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Try Bloodborne first, I found it much more user friendly than Dark Souls.

Also NeiR: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Titanfall 2, Sniper Elite etc

mr_norris

Expert Member
Games I've played that I would call "must haves":

- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- The Last Guardian
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
- Uncharted 4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- The Last of Us: Remastered

On The Nathan Drake Collection, the first game was quite tough to get through. It may be a remaster, but the game play and controls are very much from the 2007 era. It's quite frustrating at times. Uncharted 2 and 3 were great though. Those made getting through the first one worth it.

The Last Guardian was an amazing game, but it had frustrating controls and performance. After a while, I could see past all the issues. What a great story, was well worth it.

Horizon, and both of the newest Uncharted games were by far the most beautiful games I've ever played. The stories were also pretty awesome. Horizon was pretty much the reason why I got the console :p

Games I'm playing that I'm not sure about (too early to tell if I enjoy them yet):

- Until Dawn
- Shadow of the Colossus Remastered

Games that I want:

- God of War III Remastered
- Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls Collection Remastered
- Detroit: Become Human
- God of War (2018)
- The Order: 1886 (There are mixed reviews about this game, I'm still getting it though)

Games that I have and don't enjoy:

- Infamous: Second Son
- Killzone: Shadow Fall

So I belong to the PC masterrace...but a mate says he's got spare PS4 with games and what not.

Dark Souls *can* be frustrating, but it is definitely rewarding.

I disagree with Razed, I think Dark Souls 3 is easier to get into than BB. The fact that you can have a shield gives you more options about how to play. You can also go magic straight from the beginning.

ryu

Expert Member
Try Bloodborne first, I found it much more user friendly than Dark Souls.

Also NeiR: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Titanfall 2, Sniper Elite etc
+ 1 million

you just cannot get a ps4 and not try bloodborne - its very rewarding once you get the hang of it and the community is still pretty active - join a few and you will have no problems getting a friend or two to help you out through out the game. my advice though is to try and go it alone for your first play through but if you cant then by all means ring your beckoning bell and enjoy!

i have the new god of war as well, played about 15 minutes and it seems really good! fortnite has been taking all my time lately so i'll finish GOW once i'm bored with that.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Horizon zero Dawn is the first.
Go on treat yourself
Will do

Games I've played that I would call "must haves":

- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- The Last Guardian
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
- Uncharted 4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- The Last of Us: Remastered
That seems like a good list. Googling it Last Guardian might not be for me but otherwise good.

Try Bloodborne first
you just cannot get a ps4 and not try bloodborne
Pretty sure friend said he's got that so will give it a try

I would think that this would exclude Dark Souls, Fortnite, Nier, Titanfall, Sniper Elite.
Sorta - Dark Souls for example seems to be a bad port on PC to the point where you need to attach a controller to the PC to get reasonable results.

Titanfall for example I'd rather play with mouse & keyboard.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I can +1 Horizon and Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy. Had much enjoyment out of those.

I still need to finish The Last of Us before the new one comes out :D

ponder

Honorary Master
Sorta - Dark Souls for example seems to be a bad port on PC to the point where you need to attach a controller to the PC to get reasonable results.
The remastered version came out just over a month ago.

[video=youtube;Z4OUu_9ztLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OUu_9ztLQ[/video]

What the others said.

Persona 5 - JRPG but has a lot of anime tropes which turn some people off to the series.

Was gonna say Nioh but apparently it's on PC as well. Still a good alternative to Dark Souls.

Yakuza series if you're into 3D Beat em ups. Heavy focus on story and the side content can get too Japan if you catch my drift.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I didn't know that :D

I still need to finish The Last of Us before the new one comes out :D
I am jealous. Took a while for me to get into it, but once I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The DLC was also quite good. I am now on the hype train for The Last of Us 2 <3

MaximusZA

I know the PC version is coming out later this year but also give Monster Hunter World a go. I am absolutely loving that game and sunk a stupid amount of time into it.

MaximusZA

nope you can play completely solo, which i have pretty much done up to now. but the multiplayer is like solo you do your own thing with the option of letting others help if you need to or want to.

RokSwaab

Dark Souls is the best implementation of difficulty imo.

Pox

Expert Member
Get Journey.

It takes maybe 4 to 6 hours to finish. It's an uncomplicated game but also one of the most beautiful I've ever played.

It's a work of art.