Getting IP TV in South Africa

nileshm

Hi Everyone,

I decided to cancel DSTV. The one show I am missing tremendously is the "Daily Show" with Trevor. I have tried to access Comedy Central through Plex, but although it navigates to the show, and the episode, it does not play. I have also tried to access it on IPTV sites on my smart TV, but also, no joy. I suspect it could be something to do with the fact that I'm trying to view this in SA. My question is, is this the case, and if so, how could I potentially bypass this?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Bewlen

Hi Everyone,

I decided to cancel DSTV. The one show I am missing tremendously is the "Daily Show" with Trevor. I have tried to access Comedy Central through Plex, but although it navigates to the show, and the episode, it does not play. I have also tried to access it on IPTV sites on my smart TV, but also, no joy. I suspect it could be something to do with the fact that I'm trying to view this in SA. My question is, is this the case, and if so, how could I potentially bypass this?

You are of course saying this is all "theoretical". Also, in theory, you are trying to get around geoblocking. In theory, one would use a paid-for VPN service, of which there are many. Google "best vpn" for a theoretical smorgasbord. :D

Purply

Expert Member
Have you googled Kodi yet,after which Exodus would come in nicely.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Have you googled Kodi yet,after which Exodus would come in nicely.

Do you need a VPN for best results with Kodi and exodus? First time looking in to Kodi and will probably install it on my PC or Mac, also my iPhone if there's a app.

Bebobwolf

Stopped DSTV. Now just streaming. Even watched the Springboks Play. The way to go. No VPN needed use perfect player or kodi. Got five different IPTV suppliers testing for best servers.

envo

Expert Member
Should be getting MiBox3 shortly (fingers crossed, was not aware of aramex, dammit!)
Most of them offer a limited trial period -> https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTVReviews/
When you get it, install Terrarium TV and Mobdra. Mobdra is the IPTV/Live TV part (also has shows/movies, however I use Terrarium TV for those)

I created a trakt account and synced all my shows and movies from my media center with it. Then I turned off my media center (for other purposes) and now I'm enjoying my TV without torrenting first and having a dedicated PC run just for media center. There are some features I'd like they expand on, like the calendar in Terrarium doesn't work as nice on the mibox that it does on normal phones etc.

Ismail_ct

So it's been a year since you posted this. What are your thoughts now? Are you still using IPTV?

Great Gatsby

I've just cancelled my DSTV prem sub 2 days ago. Gonna go with an IPTV service which basically does SKY Sports, movies and series. I'm on a very stable 10Mb internet line so HOPEFULLY the streaming is good. Will see how it goes

Ismail_ct

So what IPTV service do you recommend? There's so many options, choosing the right one is overwhelming.

Andrew Wilson

Stopped DSTV. Now just streaming. Even watched the Springboks Play. The way to go. No VPN needed use perfect player or kodi. Got five different IPTV suppliers testing for best servers.
Hi

I'm with axxess ISP but having difficulty routing to streaming site. Any advise will be appreciated.

fernandoblazin

Hi Everyone,

I would go with a Roku

Christo4

Whau. Free.
Not all channels are working - UK sport etc.
Thank you.
Rampaigh, I see donations are in dollars. USA?

Rampaigh

Whau. Free.
Not all channels are working - UK sport etc.
Thank you.
Rampaigh, I see donations are in dollars. USA?
Yes, this can happen sometimes with free streams... Most of the times the streams work well and don't buffer... Also the reason for donations in USD, it's just a more recognisable currency on a global scale... It just takes you to a PayPal donations link... Just keep an eye on it and you'll see that the streams work... But what makes my service different is that it actively searches for streams and removes the broken links... Also the URL stays the same making it easier to update your playlists in any player...

Christo4

Your first post mention the word free. And you admit that buffering happens with free streams. No donation from me.
No most of the SD channels buffer and or they do not work - english channels.
Very few sports channels (UK) work. News channels - same story.
I gave up on the movie channels.
Will try again on Saturday to see if I can get any of your so called sport channels to work.
But as you said it's free, but it is useless so can we still call it free?
I've been robbed!!

Rampaigh

Your first post mention the word free. And you admit that buffering happens with free streams. No donation from me.
Will try again on Saturday to see if I can get any of your so called sport channels to work.
I've been robbed!!
Why don't you just purchase some or other IPTV account... Then you won't have to complain about anything not working... IPTV is super cheap...

Rampaigh

I've been robbed!!
Do you feel "robbed" because it's free?