Getting married at home affairs.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
OP is incredibly Verbose. But I wish you luck. Just remember the saying:

220d827ffa01dd366d463689272bf4f3--insanity-quotes-quotes-from-albert-einstein.jpg

sometimes-let-go.jpg

I believe in keeping promises too - I am still married. It is not always going to be easy.

Arthur

Honorary Master
There's a wry irony in the conjunction of "married" and "home affairs".

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Just a side-note, OP.

By default you're going to get in community of property, unless you specifically ask not to be.

Arthur

Honorary Master
What on earth are you on about?
If you can't stick to your vows and be happy without a stamped paper from other hairless apes I have to question whether you thought about the situation much.
Agreed.

Marriage is conferred by the partners themselves, and rests on their permanent, mutual and exclusive self-donation. Others are just witnesses so society knows this is freely done and no coercion is involved.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
that was my first thought, but after he qualified his OP with the honeymoon tit-bit I saw it differently.
I did see that, also saw the inside of home affairs this year. I would rather go past the moons of Jupiter to avoid it.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I got married at home affairs.

Takes about 15 minutes. No dress code. You rock up there, they guy calls you to the "chapel" gives you things to recite, so too your wife to be. He then pronounces you husband and wife, you sign, she signs and the witnesses. Nothing longer than 15 minutes. Congrats!

You assumed their gender! *takes cover*

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Agreed.

Marriage is conferred by the partners themselves, and rests on their permanent, mutual and exclusive self-donation. Others are just witnesses so society knows this is freely done and no coercion is involved.
On a scale of 1 to turning the tv down to taste your macaroni, how high are you right now?

The_David

We are getting married at home affairs this Friday. Anyone know what the dress code is? We wanted to keep it very casual with Jeans and T-shirts?
Thats where wifey and I got married legally. No dress code but the person who married us did respect the process and made it quite enjoyable. Wasnt a regular DHA experience. I will give Kudos for that.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Thats where wifey and I got married legally. No dress code but the person who married us did respect the process and made it quite enjoyable. Wasnt a regular DHA experience. I will give Kudos for that.
How so if you don't mind me asking?