Getting married at home affairs.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Personally I feel marriage harks back to when it was used as an institutionalised measure of control over people. But hey, that's just after 12 years of marriage.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
:) We're all good, not issues. But I wonder why people still get married? Where does this tradition originate from and what was the initial idea behind it?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
:) We're all good, not issues. But I wonder why people still get married? Where does this tradition originate from and what was the initial idea behind it?
Different cultures and regions will vary but by and large the historical concept was closely tied to that of the household. It was a means of formalising a social agreement. A "contract" if you will, to define roles and responsibilities, e.g. the husband would earn and bring money and/or food, the wife would raise the kids, and they both would be loyal to each other so that the household would succeed at their goals. That is an over-simplification of course, but at the basis that is what the historical idea would have been, viz, to formalise and define an agreement for life. Ofcourse marriage means different things today, but essentially it is still to formalise the relationship.

The_David

How so if you don't mind me asking?
The lady had a kind, sincere demeanor and made us feel comfortable. She said a few kind words to each of us and our family and friends present (immediate family wanted to be present. This made it feel more of a loving ceremonial process rather than a legal stamp, stamp sign, sign get out process.