Getting the ball rolling with a class action law suite against Telkom

sutekj

There are thousands of people unable to cancel their contracts with Telkom.

I'm unable to get Fibre at my new place, because they refuse to cancel the previous tenant's contract.

So how do we get started? I'm thinking we need to
1 Set up a crowd fund thing.
2 Identify a suitable law firm.

And then we can take it from there.

Donavan_Aarons

Telkom would not cancel my account even after my contract period ended after numerous attempts so I stopped paying. They handed me over to debt collection and started legal action against me. In the end I had no choice to pay with all the penalties added.

lkswan747

Seems like Telkom have realised how much revenue drain they are experiencing and decided to drag their feet with cancellations. Very unbecoming of a large corporate and they should face the consequences of their actions!

rocket_1

Please include me... I was unable to cancel our month to month service, eventually left no option but to take our a 24 month contract... Now we're saddled with a bill of an additional 1400 for a fiber migration which is meant to be free... I need to get out of this contract for poor service...

rocket_1

We have been disconnected twice this year, due to their own errors, once for 15 days

MEIOT

Expert Member
You do realise that you live in South Africa right?
Class action suit against Telkom is an excercise in futility.

Magnum

Expert Member
You do realise that you live in South Africa right?
Class action suit against Telkom is an excercise in futility.
Not really. No one tried it. Maybe get some money out of the deal...

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
The only people who win in a class action law suit in South Africa is the law firm.

Bunta

I managed to cancel my telkom accounts.
Had a 3g account back in 2014, cancelled it.
Had an ADSL account until about 2 years ago, cancelled it.
Had a land line, worked intermittently and we so seldom use it, I thought it was a waste of money so... cancelled it, back in April.

There was a R200 credit on the account, logged onto their website, laid a complain that they haven't refunded me since April, literally 2 weeks later, they refunded the credit.

Maybe i've just been lucky?