GHD discount on old/other flat-iron trade-ins

Vinia

:eek: MyBB Beauties, there's a countrywide promotion at salons in SA which stock GHD flat-irons. If you trade in any old flat-iron, whatever the make, you get a R320 discount on the Classic GHD, which is usually about R1900. :eek::eek:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/picture.php?albumid=519&pictureid=3724

This is a real offer & it ends on the 30th of September. Call GHD SA's head office to verify & find out the nearest salon to you that's got it: (031) 717 2530. They do have it on their website too http://www.ghdhair.com/za/styler-exchange

I just paid R1500 for a CHI (US brand, tried it out the other day & its great), but a GHD being the Ferarri of flat-irons would be a nice extra. I'm waiting till payday to get mine. I just checked with a couple of salons in Pretoria & they've got this promotion. Guys, if your SO is into hair, fashion & style get this for her. She'll be over the moon! Even if she has straight hair, she can use this for curling it too.

Last edited:

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
To be hounest the real secret with GHD are their products. Without doubt their irons are the benchmark, but the products you use with irons is what sets them apart.

But anyway this is a good offer (BTW my wife is a hair stylist and was using hair straighteners before GHD became popular)

Vinia

To be hounest the real secret with GHD are their products. Without doubt their irons are the benchmark, but the products you use with irons is what sets them apart.

That's great info. Its not the first time I hear that about the products. Maybe I should try that first with my current flat-iron.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
No saying that you cannot get a 2nd hand GHD for under R1K, but there are a lot of faux versions doing the rounds and unless you have knowledge of the real thing you can get easily done in.

My wife is not a stockist but she uses GHD products for herself and her clients.

Vinia

I've seen GHDs on gumtree band new going for R1K...

Those are almost without fail, fakes. The sellers of those things vanish after the negative reviews come in.

What you can do when you buy one over ebay/gumtree or similar, ask for the serial number & check it on GHD's website. Also call GHD SA and find out where that particular iron was destined. So if you buy a so-called new product from a KZN seller, but the serial says it was in a shipment for GP salons - beware.

I'd much rather pay R1900 for something that I know is 100% real & guaranteed, than R1000 for something that *might* be & which I can't take it for repairs or replacement at a salon, as I won't have proof of purchase from an authorised re-seller. Before I couldn't afford R1000+ one, I bought a R400 Toni & Guy one at Clicks. It was ok, but didn't do what I needed, so I returned it.

Chris_H

Expert Member
One day when I am grown up and rich, I will buy my wife (by then) one... then I will follow your advice :D

W@P

Expert Member
My sis also uses a ghd, paid about 2.5k but she swears by it. Never thought there can be such a wow factor in straighteners.