Ghoema drama: Afrikaans artists threaten to boycott music awards as MultiChoice takes a stand against Steve Hofmeyr

You need to cancel Showmax, it is owned by Multichoice. You know the ones who started this whole fiasco.
I know they own Showmax, was never a question of a doubt. I think every KNOWS they own Showmax...

I don't mind giving them R 90 a month vs R 900. Who gave you that idea :confused:

buka001

Expert Member
You drew your own utterly retarded conclusion and somehow that is my fault? LOL!
You can be a strange one.

My conclusion is that most of your posts here are just virtue signals. The conclusion is based on the fact that, despite your vociferous virtue signalling on this thread, you have still maintained some financial support for Multichoice.

If you truly stood up for your belief, then you would have also cancelled Showmax.

The fact you haven't cancelled Showmax proves my conclusion as correct.

That is all.

You can be a strange one.

My conclusion is that most of your posts here are just virtue signals. The conclusion is based on the fact that, despite your vociferous virtue signalling on this thread, you have still maintained some financial support for Multichoice.

If you truly stood up for your belief, then you would have also cancelled Showmax.

The fact you haven't cancelled Showmax proves my conclusion as correct.

That is all.
LOL!!!

I didn't signal fark all.

I don't like what Multichoice did. I have not gotten around to cancel a service I have been meaning to do for a while but never really bothered. This reminded me of what a shyte service it is and I cancelled my DSTV. Since I already have Hulu, Showmax, Netflix and Amazon. I then cancelled my DSTV subscription.

That is exactly everything I have said in this thread. You being the obvious moron assumed I was boycotting Multichoice because of <insert reason>. I have reduced the income they receive from me by 90%. I never once claimed to boycott Multichoice. You assumed I was, which is on you completely. Even trying to "educate" me on the fact that Showmax is a Multichoice product. If anyone on earth does streaming or have internet access they know showmax is run by Multichoice (NASPERS).

Now keep your retarded opinions and assumptions for yourself. You got yourself into this whole by doing exactly what you do best, assume and make shyte up :D

buka001

Expert Member
LOL!!!

I didn't signal fark all.

I don't like what Multichoice did. I have not gotten around to cancel a service I have been meaning to do for a while but never really bothered. This reminded me of what a shyte service it is and I cancelled my DSTV. Since I already have Hulu, Showmax, Netflix and Amazon. I then cancelled my DSTV subscription.

That is exactly everything I have said in this thread. You being the obvious moron assumed I was boycotting Multichoice because of . I have reduced the income they receive from me by 90%. I never once claimed to boycott Multichoice. You assumed I was, which is on you completely. Even trying to "educate" me on the fact that Showmax is a Multichoice product. If anyone on earth does streaming or have internet access they know showmax is run by Multichoice (NASPERS).

Now keep your retarded opinions and assumptions for yourself. You got yourself into this whole by doing exactly what you do best, assume and make shyte up :D
I made no assumption. Just observed that your dissatisfaction with what Multichoice did and the numerous posts you made regarding it, did not get entirely followed up by your actions.

Keeping Showmax illustrated this. Nothing is assumed here, as you explicitly said so.

I made no assumption. Just observed that your dissatisfaction with what Multichoice did and the numerous posts you made regarding it, did not get entirely followed up by your actions.

Keeping Showmax illustrated this. Nothing is assumed here, as you explicitly said so.
Lol, you're a peace of work :D

Less assumptions, more facts when talking please.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Yes exactly. What do you think opened up a lot of people's eyes in the first place?

You go on twitter and you'll see African Americans ripping R-Kelly a new one, while Afrikaans people are defending Hofmeyr. Big difference.
Njiggas love R. Kelly. If you buy into the minority outrage against him you are being taken for a fool.

buka001

Expert Member
Lol, you're a peace of work :D

Less assumptions, more facts when talking please.
So you cancelled Showmax then?

I made no assumptions. You said you have retained Showmax. I illustrated that despite your objections to Multichoice (do you deny this now?) , you have still maintained financial support of the very beast you despise.

So you cancelled Showmax then?

I made no assumptions. You said you have retained Showmax. I illustrated that despite your objections to Multichoice (do you deny this now?) , you have still maintained financial support of the very beast you despise.
You still trying your utmost best to not look like a moron . I'll give you time to read. Seems like you will need a semester ...

buka001

Expert Member
You still trying your utmost best to not look like a moron . I'll give you time to read. Seems like you will need a semester ...
Ok so you cancelled Showmax so you don't contribute to the financial power that Multichoice used to exert pressure on these awards, thereby backing up your statements on how you vehemently disagreed with their right to do what ever they want too, with their money.

OK then perhaps you are not a virtue signalling reactionary then.

Ok so you cancelled Showmax so you don't contribute to the financial power that Multichoice used to exert pressure on these awards, thereby backing up your statements on how you vehemently disagreed with their right to do what ever they want too, with their money.

Like I said, might take you a semester to read and understand. I didn't expect much.

Like the little girl in the corner of the school yard no one wants to play with, you have to constantly try and get the last word in... Good luck with that :D

Lord Farquart

Expert Member

Give it up dude. You got the cat by the tail on this one. He can not admit to something he did not say. Go read the original responses, as suggested by him. If you don’t want to do that, then shut up.

buka001

Expert Member
Give it up dude. You got the cat by the tail on this one. He can not admit to something he did not say. Go read the original responses, as suggested by him. If you don’t want to do that, then shut up.
So he never said he is keeping Showmax, thereby keeping up with financial support with Multichoice, who used their financial power derived from people who support them financially to exert pressure on these awards to kick out Steve?

Thought so.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
So he never said he is keeping Showmax, thereby keeping up with financial support with Multichoice, who used their financial power derived from people who support them financially to exert pressure on these awards to kick out Steve?

Thought so.
He never said he is quitting dstv due to this topic.

Back on topic please? pointless little tit for tat is tedious.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member

Thought so.
He said the thread reminded him he must cancel DSTV. No other reason than it just reminded him. He also stated that Showmax, with other services, was good enough for him. No mention of boycotting because of Steve.

That is what I remember he said. Go read and prove me wrong.