Ghoema drama: Afrikaans artists threaten to boycott music awards as MultiChoice takes a stand against Steve Hofmeyr

buka001

Expert Member
He said the thread reminded him he must cancel DSTV. No other reason than it just reminded him. He also stated that Showmax, with other services, was good enough for him. No mention of boycotting because of Steve.

That is what I remember he said. Go read and prove me wrong.
If you actually read my posts you would see I have never suggested he said that.

I am illustrating that if he truly stood up for his belief that what Multichoice did was wrong, he would follow up with full cancellation of all his financial contributions to them.

Keeping Showmax just detracts from his virtue signalling.

Multichoice are wrong, but Game of Thrones is far more important to me than what they did to Steve, so I will keep Showmax.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
If you actually read my posts you would see I have never suggested he said that.

I am illustrating that if he truly stood up for his belief that what Multichoice did was wrong, he would follow up with full cancellation of all his financial contributions to them.

Multichoice are wrong, but Game of Thrones is far more important to me than what they did to Steve, so I will keep Showmax.
So basically you are challenging him to quit multichoice and trying to prove it should be his idea. Please stop. Tedious.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member

If he did not say it, then he did not say it. Him not liking what Multichoice did and him cancelling DSTV are two separate issues. You lumping them together illustrates al lack if reading skills. You just want to argue for the sake of it.

buka001

Expert Member
I can download GoT you moron :D
Then all the more reason to cancel then.

Otherwise you contribute to Multichoice to enable them to do more of what you detest and dislike.

How you fail too see this and your fellow white knights is telling.

Point is if you don't like what Multichoice does with there money, why do you still support them financially?

Otherwise you contribute to Multichoice to enable them to do more of what you detest and dislike.

Point is if you don't like what Multichoice does with there money, why do you still support them financially?
You do realize how utterly retarded you're looking right?

rietrot

Honorary Master

Absolutely no nuances with you, everything is black and white. I don't see the problem with Pitbull half on the fence, why should everyone always pick a team.

I love the Afrikaans translation of that.
I had a funny discussion with an American Colleague many years ago. He wanted me to help him learn a couple of Afrikaans words. So because of our line of work, "Kies" (Pick) was one which he picked up pretty quickly. So one day we had to drive down to Rustenburg to AMPLATS and he was trying to tell me to choose a side of the car (that way he will either drive or be passenger). So he said: Kies a side, I said: No Kant. He wasn't too impressed until I explained to him I meant Kant/side not kies a side, kies a kant :D

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
Or just ignored the thread completely...
I am entitled to reply as much as you, whether I take my opinion orally or rectally is also entirely up to me too.Intent to troll, sure I would agree. Making a joke about his surname and being sarcastic is the right thing to do.

I am entitled to reply as much as you, whether I take my opinion orally or rectally is also entirely up to me too.Intent to troll, sure I would agree. Making a joke about his surname and being sarcastic is the right thing to do.
Never claimed you're not. But you posted here just to tell us how much this doesn't affect or bother you. Just weird, that's all :D

Sl8er

Executive Member
I have a funny discussion with an American Colleague many years ago. He wanted me to help him learn a couple of Afrikaans words. So because of our line of work, "Kies" (Pick) was one which he picked up pretty quickly. So one day we had to drive down to Rustenburg to AMPLATS and he was trying to tell me to choose a side of the car (that way he will either drive or be passenger. So he said: Kies a side, I said: No Kant. He wasn't too impressed until I explained to him I meant Kant/side not kies a side, kies a kant :D
:ROFL: