Gigaba cancels massive deal between Denel and Gupta-linked company – Report

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Gigaba: "hey msholozi, I have a great idea, what if I cancel one of the millions of corrupt deals we have going to fool the voters and distract them from the rest of our dirty business?"

Sl8er

Executive Member
Gigaba: "hey msholozi, I have a great idea, what if I cancel one of the millions of corrupt deals we have going to fool the voters and distract them from the rest of our dirty business?"

Pretty much this.
They'll definitely still be scoring somewhere else.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba has cancelled a “[highlight]multibillion-rand deal[/highlight]” between a Gupta-linked company and Denel, according to reports.

The Sunday Times reported that Gigaba and Denel board chairman Dan Mantsha spoke about the “financial implications of the deal for the National Treasury” recently in Durban.

A bit of Googling reveals this: https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2016-05-29-amabhungane-how-denel-was-hijacked/

Which mentions a tender involving artillery for the Indian army.

My guess is that Denel was not awarded that tender and that the GuZumptas realised there was no money to siphon off using VR Laser Asia and they decided to order Gigaba and "Mantsha" to dissolve the joint venture between Denel and VR Laser Asia.

Thor

Honorary Master
VR Laser has been doing business with Denel for the 15 years, Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown said in April 2016.

the *past