Gigago Fibre ISP good prices on openserve.

There's a new fibre ISP named "gigago" www.gigago.co.za that offers pretty competitive pricing on the openserve network. The market themselves as uncapped and unshaped but there are FUP on all the speeds except the 100mbps package. The 40mbps package comes in at R1099 pm with a threshold of 1000gb where the 100mbps package costs R1299 pm with no threshold. Has anyone heard anything good about them? Can't seem to find reviews or anything about them probably due to them being so new. If anyone knows if they're actually good/worthwhile please let me know :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just bumping this.

GigaGo actually removed all the Fair use Policies and every line speed is now pure uncapped, unshapped and unthrottled. Very competitive prices on Openserve network

10 Mbps - R659
20 Mbps - R899
40 Mbps - R1099
100 Mbps - R1299

https://www.gigago.co.za/

cavedog

Honorary Master
That “up to” speed quote worries me though.
Well to be fair it's an Openserve/Telkom thing. They advertise all their lines as Up To line speeds and been like that for ages and even now with Openserve fibre. I guess GigaGo just copied that to their website.

Gigago is the ISP of Metrofibre so we know it's not some fly by night ISP.

EADC

Expert Member
This still confuses me, in theory Metrofibre has two ISP's?

Kyoto

MFN only offer services on MFN fibre, and all there packages are symmetrical, Gigago currently offer services on openserve and MFN, and I understand on Vuma shortly, but on MFN and Vuma it will be symmetrical and openserve asymmetrical, for some unknown reason openserve only offer asymmetrical.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So Metro Fibre Networx launched Aitsa.com which is a clone of Gigago but just all in Afrikaans. Still very decent prices. R1299 all inclusive for 100Mbps on Openserve uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled.

ColGatvol

Interesting. I see they offer free installation and activation when you sign a 12 month contract. Hope it will be the same on Vuma.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
I had a look at their packages... the 20/10 seems good. But their client login page is unencrypted? Seems like a bit of an oversight...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Smiley, I've signed up with them and they supplied me a Calix dual frequency 844E
Are you using them on Openserve or on Metro fibre networx? Some tests would be nice :)

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Are you using them on Openserve or on Metro fibre networx? Some tests would be nice :)
I am considering them from May onwards--I am with another ISP now and waiting for the 12 months contract to be over, then will make a switch