Gigago Fibre ISP good prices on openserve.

Zae87

Are you using them on Openserve or on Metro fibre networx? Some tests would be nice :)
Using them on Openserve, speeds have been great so far. Will test for you later today when I'm back at home

Freakboy

Expert Member
Any update on them?

Just found then while looking for a new Openserve provider and the prices are not bad tbh.

Also do they provide a news server?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any update on them?

Just found then while looking for a new Openserve provider and the prices are not bad tbh.

Very few ISPs provide access to a news server. CISP, Telkom and IS based account have access to news servers.

Any update on them?

I'm not sure I didn't end up going with them, I went with a capped vox dsl account and then a 100mbps line from ispafrika, works like a charm for me

Freakboy

Expert Member
I'm not sure I didn't end up going with them, I went with a capped vox dsl account and then a 100mbps line from ispafrika, works like a charm for me
I'm also on ispafrika 100mbps but with Afrihost capped atm. Kids are starting to stream and downloading more so was thinking for a few bucks more moving to Gigago/Aitsa.

Atm everything is "working" and not running out of my cap for now, so don't want to move just because I can. The newsserver is important (and yes I do have a paid one also). Wanted to check if they have issues with downtime or latency drops, more so than Afrihost ;)

Venomous

Honorary Master
I'm also on ispafrika 100mbps but with Afrihost capped atm. Kids are starting to stream and downloading more so was thinking for a few bucks more moving to Gigago/Aitsa.

Atm everything is "working" and not running out of my cap for now, so don't want to move just because I can. The newsserver is important (and yes I do have a paid one also). Wanted to check if they have issues with downtime or latency drops, more so than Afrihost ;)
You could try bitco
https://www.bitco.co.za/home-fibre-sign-up-mybb/
They have uncapped and unshaped offerings and they do not throttle. As you have fibre in your home you won't need to pay the installation, only the once-off activation of R499, assuming you're staying with that cable provider, obviously.
The different cable providers pricing structures are in the link.