Gigago Fibre ISP good prices on openserve.

Freakboy

Expert Member
Any update on them?

Just found then while looking for a new Openserve provider and the prices are not bad tbh.

Also do they provide a news server?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any update on them?

Just found then while looking for a new Openserve provider and the prices are not bad tbh.

Very few ISPs provide access to a news server. CISP, Telkom and IS based account have access to news servers.

Any update on them?

I'm not sure I didn't end up going with them, I went with a capped vox dsl account and then a 100mbps line from ispafrika, works like a charm for me

Freakboy

Expert Member
I'm not sure I didn't end up going with them, I went with a capped vox dsl account and then a 100mbps line from ispafrika, works like a charm for me
I'm also on ispafrika 100mbps but with Afrihost capped atm. Kids are starting to stream and downloading more so was thinking for a few bucks more moving to Gigago/Aitsa.

Atm everything is "working" and not running out of my cap for now, so don't want to move just because I can. The newsserver is important (and yes I do have a paid one also). Wanted to check if they have issues with downtime or latency drops, more so than Afrihost ;)

Venomous

Honorary Master
I'm also on ispafrika 100mbps but with Afrihost capped atm. Kids are starting to stream and downloading more so was thinking for a few bucks more moving to Gigago/Aitsa.

Atm everything is "working" and not running out of my cap for now, so don't want to move just because I can. The newsserver is important (and yes I do have a paid one also). Wanted to check if they have issues with downtime or latency drops, more so than Afrihost ;)
You could try bitco
https://www.bitco.co.za/home-fibre-sign-up-mybb/
They have uncapped and unshaped offerings and they do not throttle. As you have fibre in your home you won't need to pay the installation, only the once-off activation of R499, assuming you're staying with that cable provider, obviously.
The different cable providers pricing structures are in the link.