Gigaset voip Phone

Keithk

I have just bought myself a Gigaset voip phone but found the ringtone is extremely soft even though I have set it to max.
Sadly I have a hearing problem and would like to know if there is a device I can add to the base station to get a louder ringtone from the phone?

yogidabear

Not sure but maybe buying another phone that connects to the same base will help when placed in a different location in your offie or home. Much cheaper when you buy just the phone without the base

Prawnapple

Expert Member
I have just bought myself a Gigaset voip phone but found the ringtone is extremely soft even though I have set it to max.
Sadly I have a hearing problem and would like to know if there is a device I can add to the base station to get a louder ringtone from the phone?
Hi Keith, I've worked in and alongside voip for quite some time and I've never heard of some external device that boosts the ringing volume. It would better to return the device and purchase a different one. Or as @yogidabear said, to get a different handset which can connect to the same base station. Have you tried changing the ring tone, perhaps there is one which is way louder?

Keithk

On Ubuy.com are ringer amplifiers at reasonable prices.
My Huawei LTE router has an analogue phone plug to add a phone, so this amp can be plugged in the router before the phone and it should work, I think?

Attachments

yogidabear

On Ubuy.com are ringer amplifiers at reasonable prices.
My Huawei LTE router has an analogue phone plug to add a phone, so this amp can be plugged in the router before the phone and it should work, I think?
You have to configure the router to connect to your VoIP provider and attach an analog phone, or ringer of some type. However your provider will only allow one connection at a time so the Gigaset would not work, unless the provider allows 2 simultaneous connections. So in theory you could have an analog phone ringing and answer the Gigaset or even answer the analog phone if you are allowed 2 connections, but doubt it and suggest you buy another Gigaset handset. Not to replace the original but as an additional as both handsets will work off the same base station

Thor

Honorary Master
Can you access the phone's software?

Normally a VOIP phone (at least my SNOMs) allows you to set a custom ring tone - so what I do is take an already loud song then open it up in Adobe audition or Audacity and edit the file by bumping the volume 6db's and then save the file and set that as the phone's ringtone.

Gets the job done, normally.