Girl, 10, Burns 70 Percent of Body at Tanning Salon

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A 10-year-old girl suffered burns on 70 percent of her body after a 16-minute session at an unmanned tanning salon.

A few hours after she left the tanning salon in Port Talbot, South Wales, England, Kelly Thompson was taken to the hospital.

Doctors at the Welsh Center for Burns and Plastic Surgery said if Kelly had stayed in the tanning bed for another two minutes, she would have needed skin grafts. She must stay out of direct sunlight for the next 10 years, doctors told her.

More...

Messugga

Honorary Master
Bloody hell. I get how that could happen though. When I came back from England, after spending a year there, 5 minutes of SA's summer, noon sun burnt me quite a bit. Tanning booths obviously concentrates the UV to give you a tan quicker, so 16 minutes would fry your average brit to a crisp!

RetroBok

Expert Member
It's damned ridiculous, if I remember correctly the "advised age" for sun beds in the UK is 16, it's not law, but it should be. There's been a few articles about it in the news etc.

However sunbeds aside, wtf is a 10 year old doing looking for a sun tan? This is a problem here in the UK and I'm suspecting worldwide. Kids are becoming "adults" way too young these days, and let's not forget the impact celeb culture has on kids.

When I was 10 I had a tan, not from tanning salons (I doubt they were even around in those days) and not from wanting one, we used to play out in the sun doing healthy fun stuf like riding bikes etc...

Then again how much sun is there in Wales :rolleyes:

killadoob

Honorary Master
WTF is a 10 year old girl doing in a sunbed? See the problem is kids grow up so fast and want to look perfect from such a young age now.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
look at the pic of her mom ... she looks orange! new age cr@p, sunbeds, botox, lipo .... what a load of croc. If you are active, do outdoors stuff ... neva have to waste money and time on that s*h*!*t*e. If you ask me ... her mommy put her in there while she probably got her nails done.

RetroBok

Expert Member
look at the pic of her mom ... she looks orange! new age cr@p, sunbeds, botox, lipo .... what a load of croc. If you are active, do outdoors stuff ... neva have to waste money and time on that s*h*!*t*e. If you ask me ... her mommy put her in there while she probably got her nails done.

You're probably 100% spot on... It's how we roll in the UK apparently :rolleyes: It's not uncommon to see little girls tarted up just like their mums... Very sad indeed...

killadoob

Honorary Master
A lot of tarts in the UK as well i have heard :p. Ironic she goes in for a tan and now she cannot be in the sun for 10 years.

blunomore

Honorary Master
A lot of tarts in the UK as well i have heard :p. Ironic she goes in for a tan and now she cannot be in the sun for 10 years.

UK girls come across as easy. Only the men will know where the allure is in that.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Well it is the way we are designed :), go after the loose ones(populate the world), marry the not so loose ones :p(when your bored of the loose ones and want a life long partner who puts out when the dishes or washing has been done)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Your telling me voicy if some random hot chick wanted to gooi it with you, you would turn her down? What if you meet a girl and fall head over heels for her but find out she is a bit loose? How would you know some random chick you've never met is loose or not? To many variables to turn down random sex if you ask me.

Cover it up and have a jol i say.

TMoose

Expert Member
Your telling me voicy if some random hot chick wanted to gooi it with you, you would turn her down? What if you meet a girl and fall head over heels for her but find out she is a bit loose? How would you know some random chick you've never met is loose or not? To many variables to turn down random sex if you ask me.

Cover it up and have a jol i say.
It's actually pretty hard to tell if a girl is loose or not. I've met chicks that have tattoos and piercings and wear skimpy outfits who have turned out to be rather conservative when it comes to hanky panky. Then you met other girls that look as innocent as the day is long but are actually naughty as hell. I like mine sane. Balance is awesome.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Not to sound uncaring or anything, but seeing as she was in a tan bed, which 30% of her body wasn't burnt? I would think that everything had to have been burnt to some degree?

killadoob

Honorary Master
Could be her arms and head possibly as the rest of her body is more than likely covered by clothing.