Give Eskom cash now – Nedbank CEO

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Give Eskom cash now – Nedbank CEO

Ask Nedbank Group Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Mike Brown how to save South Africa’s beleaguered state-owned power utility and his approach is simple: first give it cash and then consider a debt-to-equity swap later.

saor

Honorary Master
Not a complete overhaul of management and operating policies.
And then money?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

kolaval

Executive Member
I'm assuming he's not an idiot.
So why would he suggest that?

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Use pension fund money to settle all eskom debt thus not incurring any more interest on debt.. Pay back money used to pension fund over the 20 years..

They basically paying debt interest now to take more debt to settle older debt.. Like using 1 credit card to pay another.. In the long run, it Doesnt end well for us

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Use pension fund money to settle all eskom debt thus not incurring any more interest on debt.. Pay back money used to pension fund over the 20 years..

They basically paying debt interest now to take more debt to settle older debt.. Like using 1 credit card to pay another.. In the long run, it Doesnt end well for us
And next year the ANC ****ers loot SOEs again. Then you want to use pension money to bail them out, again. At some point people will need to go on pension.

ANC ****ers won’t stop stealing. Sorry your idea is bad.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Break the bloody monopoly. Let the private sector produce all power

our Telecom industry fixed itself very quickly when the courts broke Telkom's monopoly

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I wouldn't trust them, do business with them or any financial arrangement. (by them I mean the anc)

Anthro

Expert Member
Thems be fighting words - Mike will cause Nedbank clients to leave them if he brings forward "financial suggestions" like these.

kolaval

Executive Member
You're talking about the CEO of a company not some SEO?
Also he's white, so what is your point regarding skin colour?

konfab

Honorary Master
You're talking about the CEO of a company not some SEO?
Also he's white, so what is your point regarding skin colour?

SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation? :p

Someone needs some coffee methinks.:ROFL:

kolaval

Executive Member
SOE I meant.

My phone took a swim in the toilet.
So now I'm using a small phone until I get something else.
The typing is killing me.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Government employee pensions are taxpayer guaranteed defined benefit pensions. In other words, their pension payouts are guaranteed to be the same, regardless of the returns earned by the investments. Tax payers have to pay up for any short falls if the investments don't perform.

Not 1 word is said about cutting costs and employees, just bailouts and tax payers to the rescue.