Give Zuma a presidential pardon – ANC veteran

j4ck455

Executive Member
Justice and transparency need to prevail for the sake of the country and its citizens: the despot king Zumatello needs to be tried very publicly and any talk of a presidential pardon must be preceded by a period of mandatory imprisonment.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Fck all these anc are the same corrupt, criminal idiots that think everyone is as stupid as them.
GFY

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I'd be surprised if Ramaphosa hadn't offered him a Nixon-Ford deal. Zuma resigns, and Cyril pardons him instantly.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'd rather have him out tomorrow and pardoned, than years of court battles and mud-flinging, frankly.

It's not as if nailing him is going to undo the damage he's wrought.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Actually, I think it makes sense. Like has been said before, Zuma will never, ever step down with the threat of jail facing him. We have seen he doesn't give a **** for anyone but himself, so do you think he has a problem taking the country down with him in an attempt to stay out of jail?

Get him out of office, give him a pardon, and lets all move on building this country.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'd rather have him out tomorrow and pardoned, than years of court battles and mud-flinging, frankly.

It's not as if nailing him is going to undo the damage he's wrought.
My issue with pardoning Zuma is that it is a victory to the man holding the country hostage. Zuma is by no means the only rot in the ANC, nor the only rot in SA’s entirety. Give him a win, and its again an opportunity by the next ‘Zuma’ to be taken. Who says that the next 'Zuma' will be less damaging to the country?

copacetic

King of the Hippies
My issue with pardoning Zuma is that it is a victory to the man holding the country hostage. Zuma is by no means the only rot in the ANC, nor the only rot in SA’s entirety. Give him a win, and its again an opportunity by the next ‘Zuma’ to be taken. Who says that the next 'Zuma' will be less damaging to the country?
It's so hard to say what the best course is, but the other side of the coin to which you refer is that we probably shouldn't direct all our ire at one man, as it is a fundamental rot in the system that is the problem. I suspect with or without Zuma himself facing the proverbial firing squad, a lot of that is going to be exposed either way and there's been an amazing raising of consciousness about politicians on the take which is hopefully going to make the next shipment of talking heads a lot more cautious in their pillaging.

Don't get me wrong though - I'd like nothing more than to see that **** face a real firing squad. He certainly deserves it.

Last edited:

krycor

Honorary Master
I disagree completely.. every time you drive on the road you can see where pardoning gets you..

Zuma needs to be made an example of to put an end (well siphoning it off more) corruption, fraud and lawlessness that has taken over in SA. To me it seems that no one gives a damn about the law till they caught and then they plead for pardoning.. only to do the exact same thing again. Personally I think the ANC as a collective need to be held culpable too.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
I disagree completely.. every time you drive on the road you can see where pardoning gets you..

Zuma needs to be made an example of to put an end (well siphoning it off more) corruption, fraud and lawlessness that has taken over in SA. To me it seems that no one gives a damn about the law till they caught and then they plead for pardoning.. only to do the exact same thing again. Personally I think the ANC as a collective need to be held culpable too.
That's the thing, Zuma, corrupt as he is couldn't have dunnit without hordes of ANC as dumb or crooked who supported him & let him get away with what he did.

It's roughly the equivalent of blaming de Klerk for Apartheid.

Last edited:

j4ck455

Executive Member
At the core of Zumatello's strategy to capture the state (specifically institutions that are supposed to be independent of the executive) is to appoint cadres that he knows he can manipulate into doing his bidding and the bidding of the Guptas.

People need to realise that when Zumatello is forced to step down as president of the country, his cadres will remain entrenched in key positions and the new post-Zumatello regime will find it very difficult to get rid of those cadres and restore the independence of chapter 9 institutions.

The first thing that a new regime needs to do is to purge cadres from the SSA, NPA, Hawks, SAPS, SANDF and probably other organs of state as well.

A lot of cadres will have to end up behind bars, some will make deals in exchange for testimony, and when the dust settles all fingers will be pointing in the direction of the puppeteers (Zumatello and the Guptas), and no one is going to be talking about pardons.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Folks, what do you not realise in that Zuma is the head of his cadres, and also that there is a faction in the ANC that is anti-Zuma. In other words, Zuma supports his cadres, and they support him. If Zuma is gotten rid of, the rest will be cleansed as well (ok, so I hope). But while Zuma is still president, there is no way that this cleansing will begin.

I cannot predict if the replacement will be better; but I ****ing well hope so!