Golf Thread: Discussion, News & Reviews

walterl

Expert Member
Thanks. I guess that means I'll need to set up an excel sheet to keep track... Should be pretty simple though.

This morning's 88 on a 73.50 CR / 139 SR was pretty sweet as I'm normally in the mid to high 90s

So based on your figures that would would be a differential of 11.8...obviously you're a far better player than me!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
My driver, 3-, 5- & 7-woods are now getting close to 10 years old (probably more :unsure:). It's the set of irons in my bag that need replacement. I got them on a salvage 15+ years back, and they are feeling tired and dated. Ping Zing. No idea even if there were decent back when I got them.

There is little point in talking to my better half. And she'd be right too. When I play more than a round a year, I may be entitled to begin that conversation

Don't get me wrong. I love the sport. I played to a 12 for a while and maintained a 16 for a long time. The only time I get a chance is holidays. Weekends are taken up by family, some catch up on work and then my Lego business in recent times has taken my attention. Perhaps next year will be different :rolleyes:
Ping Zings are decent clubs if the shafts match your swing.

Luke7777

Executive Member
I can relate... playing Lost City on Sunday ... time to wake up the crocs :D
Or not :( What a time for the mother-in-law of hailstorms to pay us visit... oh well, it is what it is. Had to content with a bit of flooding , since the hail block all gutters, So water was coming through the cupboards and kitchen lights. Got my laptop out of the cupboard just in time. Got the gutter outlets open in the end, which obviously helped a lot. Luckily no damage to our car,

LCGC and GPGC were both closed on Sunday, with GPGC taking the brunt of the storm, including hail damage to greens, bridge damage, etc. The entrance to GPGC building was block by about 2 feet of hail... so you can imagine the flooding on the inside

LCGC planned to open today , with GPGC probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Feel sorry for people that came from far to play on Sunday and Monday. Neighbours coming from Namibia had both days booked. Hopefully they can get a game in today at LCGC

kolaval

Expert Member
Played some Swellendam, Heidelberg WC and Riversdal this holiday. Just your average municipal courses.
Got 92, at least, which is my personal best thus far.
But eish my swing needs work.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Ode to Golf

In My Hand I Hold A Ball,
White and Dimpled, And Rather Small.
Oh how bland It does appear,
This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.
By Its Size I Could Not Guess,
Or The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.
My Life Has Not Been Quite The Same,
Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.

It Rules My Mind For Hours On End,
A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.
It Has Made Me Curse And Made Me Cry,
And Hate Myself And Want To Die.
It Promises Me A Thing Called Par,
If I Hit It Straight And Far.
To Master Such A Tiny Ball,
Should Not Be Very Hard At All.
But My Desires The Ball Refuses,
And Does Exactly As It Chooses.
It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
And Disappears Before My Eyes.

Often It Will Have A Whim,
To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.
With Miles Of Grass On Which To Land,
It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.
Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,
If Only It Would Find The Hole.
It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup,
And Swear That I Will Give It Up.
And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,
But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow.

-Author Unknown