Good news for driver's licence renewals

ConfusedR

Expert Member
So... to be technical. What if it is set to expire in September 2021?
It doesn't matter.
Yes, the processes at the testing centers are useless but people also wait until the final week before they renew.

RaptorSA

Executive Member
Good, I hope the situation gets 10x worse by then.

Let the whole goddamn system collapse and let's be done with it.
The faster the entire Gov. system, or what's left of it, kuks itself the better.

We're just taking ourselves for fools now by picking for scraps around the ash-laden skeleton of what the ANC is leaving behind.

"You're on your own" needs to go from something we say during riots to a general SA philosophy on the way to some or other form of Libertarianism, or secession, or whatever else it takes to get to a point where we completely ignore the Zoo that's supposedly governing.

Last edited:

"D"

Expert Member
And the backlog just gets longer and longer
Screenshot_20210827-143126_Chrome.jpg

Those poor employees are going to be smelling hot-off-the-press laminated cards until the day they quit or take early retirement.

Perhaps it's a blessing to them that Covid takes away a sense of smell for a long time?

But hopefully they don't cough or sneeze on our new licence cards.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So... to be technical. What if it is set to expire in September 2021?
Then you have the misfortune of having to still deal with this useless broken system!
Enjoy the hours in queues in GP. At the minimum at Centurion, that means 3 x 5 hours over three days.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
It doesn't matter.
Yes, the processes at the testing centers are useless but people also wait until the final week before they renew.
My Licence expired in September last year. I tried to get an appointment in June. I was told that the earliest an appointment could be made was 6 weeks before expiry. I just continued trying, then the facilities were closed for weeks on end, then finally, in October, We were told pensioners can queue on Wednesdays in the end, I got to the front of the queue, and managed to get processed last week in October. Licence renewed in December. 7 months enough for you?

No forget that excuse, the system is TOTALLY BROKEN, period. There IS NO system just one big corrupt mess.

HartsockZA

My Licence expired in September last year. I tried to get an appointment in June. I was told that the earliest an appointment could be made was 6 weeks before expiry. I just continued trying, then the facilities were closed for weeks on end, then finally, in October, We were told pensioners can queue on Wednesdays in the end, I got to the front of the queue, and managed to get processed last week in October. Licence renewed in December. 7 months enough for you?

No forget that excuse, the system is TOTALLY BROKEN, period. There IS NO system just one big corrupt mess.
They should issue one card and leave it at that. This renewal kak is stupid.

IssiAmd

It's going to be the same scenario come March, just with a much bigger backlog.

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

RedViking

Nord of the South
Lol, everyone is now going to wait till March to complain.

What a circus.

Billy

Expert Member
So come March, the Minister will announce that due to the backlog of 900 000 licence renewals they will extend until August. Just look at the other bright ideas: Digital TV, Natis, ID Cards. The list goes on!

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
So come March, the Minister will announce that due to the backlog of 900 000 licence renewals they will extend until August. Just look at the other bright ideas: Digital TV, Natis, ID Cards. The list goes on!

The logical outcome would be for the minister to state:
All driving licences will be valid for life.

Simple solution, and that's how it used to be, but never going to happen...

marvelguy

My licence expired in April this year.

Can I continue to drive and present the card to police?

Are the police clued up on the new regulations?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
My licence expired in April this year.

Can I continue to drive and present the card to police?

Are the police clued up on the new regulations?
Yes
All learner’s licences, driving licence cards, temporary driving licences and professional driving permits that expired between 26 March 2020 and 31 August 2021 are deemed to be valid, and their validity periods are extended for a further grace period ending on 31 March 2022.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
How about putting our names (instead of initials) on the cards. So that places stop uses that as an excuse for why they don't accept licences as a form of ID.