good tuner - amp fpr LG digital TV, DSTV

philipm

My old JVC tuner-amp is starting to give up the ghost and it would be nice to get something that plays nice with all my equipment.

I have a reasonably new LG TV with 2x HDMI as well as the usual analogue inputs. I also have a PlayStation, Mac and iPod that connect to all this. What I would like is an amp (ideally including tuner) that all the devices can plug into and can route inputs and outputs. In the old days of analogue, this stuff would just work (or not); with digital, you have to worry about issues like bad implementation of HDMI.

I do not need anything exotic, just reasonably good for modest-sized room.

Any good ideas on what to look for?

KatMak

Also looking for an reasonable Amp...Budget around R5k maybe a little more if worth it.
*subscribed

rodga

Honorary Master
marantz, yamaha, denon, onkyo should all have models available in your price range and you wont go wrong with any of them
check out avforums.co.za, always good 2nd hand deals available there and sometimes dealers offer some good discounts too
New models should be available soon as well so outgoing models get discounted by quite a bit

KatMak

marantz, yamaha, denon, onkyo should all have models available in your price range and you wont go wrong with any of them
check out avforums.co.za, always good 2nd hand deals available there and sometimes dealers offer some good discounts too
New models should be available soon as well so outgoing models get discounted by quite a bit
Thanks... Will check it out

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
My cheap Onkyo has been excellent. Paid around 4k for it at the time. It's the tx-sr313. Very good value for money.

philipm

Has anyone used a Yamaha RX-V377? Other than that the best price I’ve found so far locally equates to an exchange rate of $1=R33, as compared with the price at Amazon, the spec looks decent for my requirements. Could be why there are some sites offering to import on demand.