Goodbye, Columbus: Vikings crossed the Atlantic 1,000 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Here's another one:
View attachment 1173114
3600 year orbit.

Oh gawd. This still doing the rounds? I remember reading about it 40 years ago in books you got one a week from at the CNA on subscription. Called The Unexplained. I thought this would have died a quiet death but cranks always revive these things.

Why haven't astronomers found your rogue plant when they can find planets in solar systems in other galaxies?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Oh gawd. This still doing the rounds? I remember reading about it 40 years ago in books you got one a week from at the CNA on subscription. Called The Unexplained. I thought this would have died a quiet death but cranks always revive these things.

Why haven't astronomers found your rogue plant when they can find planets in solar systems in other galaxies?
They "find" planets in other galaxies by observing the light from it's sun as the planet passes in front, jeez. Seeing as this is in our own solar system, there is no sun between us and it, and it too far away to reflect the suns light. The math backs up the "theory" (I say theory loosely as the Sumerians even knew about it) because of the gravitational effect it has on objects we can see. This could be a failed binary dwarf star.
1634981550191.png

Vorastra

Executive Member
The Vikings crossed first but they didn't return or establish the link to the new world. That's why they don't get credit.

This argument is as stupid as the one claiming that Columbus didn't "discover" anything, because there was already people there. The Indians.
Of course the argument is stupid, because it's purely the left once again trying to degrade and destroy history.
If you've ever used Reddit, then you're well aware that this has been a thing they've actively been trying to push for nearly a decade.

Look at the statue situation. First it was the Confed. Generals because they were racist, and said it was only going to be the them, now they voted to take down the Thomas Jefferson statue in the NYC Council last week because some blacks moaned about it.

Last edited:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
They "find" planets in other galaxies by observing the light from it's sun as the planet passes in front, jeez. Seeing as this is in our own solar system, there is no sun between us and it, and it too far away to reflect the suns light. The math backs up the "theory" (I say theory loosely as the Sumerians even knew about it) because of the gravitational effect it has on objects we can see. This could be a failed binary dwarf star.

Show me the math that backs it up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.