Goodbye, Columbus: Vikings crossed the Atlantic 1,000 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg2505

Honorary Master
There were civilisations throughout history but no proof that they were more advanced than ours.
that's what they want you to think, but again, we don't really know do we?
I mean you can think what you want, but the reality is we will never truly know what happened in the ancient world.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If they did not have all our tech toys, no skyscrapers, yet did not spend all their time bickering and lived in harmony with not only one another, but also nature, would or would they not be civilized?
They may have been civilised for their time.

surface

Honorary Master
There were civilisations throughout history but no proof that they were more advanced than ours.
But any civilization would be ours?

p.s.
I think they dug up in Jerusalem and found no cables. That proves that they had everything wireless 3 million years ago, even sewage was wireless - incredible it was. That is what he is referring to.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
But any civilization would be ours?

p.s.
I think they dug up in Jerusalem and found no cables. That proves that they had everything wireless 3 million years ago, even sewage was wireless - incredible it was. That is what he is referring to.
:ROFL: :ROFL:

Earlier when I said ours, I thought others would see it as referring to 21st century humans. It looks like I was wrong. Bracing myself for what's to follow.

dusi

Already knew this because of the Maine Coon cat who originated in the state of Maine, New England in Northern America. They are genetic descendants of Norwegian Forest cats who sailed across the Atlantic with the Vikings in the 11th century and were used to catch rats on the ships. The proof is in the kitties!

Maine coon cat:

Maine-Coon-1-S_0.jpg

Norwegian forest cat:

norwegian-forest-cat-in-the-snow_Astrid-Gast_Shutterstock.jpg

Last edited:

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I mean the Earth itself is how many millions of years old, and yet we only scratched the surface of what is Discovered.
The world is billions of years old. And no, no ancient aliens yet, we have a good fossil record of when man evolved.

Watching some of the people in this thread trying to understand history is like watching the Insane Clown Posse trying to understand Science.

porchrat

Honorary Master
I ignorantly thought the Vikings getting across there first was always what we thought and that Columbus was the one that rediscovered the Americas in more recent times for Europe with the Viking discovery having been largely lost to time. Columbus' achievement I don't feel is reduced by this at all.

An interesting find.

eg2505

Honorary Master
The world is billions of years old. And no, no ancient aliens yet, we have a good fossil record of when man evolved.
sure, but how much do we really know, I mean who built the pyramids with astonishing accuracy, that isn't surpassed even today with Cranes and machinery.
lots they aren't telling us, and discoveries like this only reinforce my view not everything is so cut and dried,

so yes no proof yet, agreed, but how do we know the truth isn't suppressed? and there was far more advanced technology that was lost to the sands of time?
how would we ever know? I mean what if a solar flare Microwaved everybody alive on Earth, leaving no trace, except to a few small species?

i mean the ice age was brutal, what if it happened a few more times after when they said it ended?

eg2505

Honorary Master
They had lots of people. As their glyphs show.
but how many were clones? and how many came from a Different planet entirely through a Stargate?
:ROFL:

seriously though, how accurate is our view of history, is we barely know when America was actually discovered? and by Whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.