Goodbye, Columbus: Vikings crossed the Atlantic 1,000 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieppie

Expert Member
Er, no. Only the literate ones. Attila the Hun won great victories, but I don't think his writing skills were great.
Oral history -> long term game of telephone.

Then again, just because something is written down does not mean it's correct.
Which is what makes new discoveries so interesting.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
As closely related as those 2 sentences...so, no.

Not sure what South and Central America have to do with Arctic Circle Eskimo's and Norwegian reindeer herders.
Unrelated sentences.

I know very well that tribes that crossed over from Siberia into Alaska aren't related to the Arctic circle tribes.

However, I wondered if the tribes that live north of the 66°N circle could be somehow related.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Unrelated sentences.

I know very well that tribes that crossed over from Siberia into Alaska aren't related to the Arctic circle tribes.

However, I wondered if the tribes that live north of the 66°N circle could be somehow related.
They are not closely related. Saami on average have 6% North Asian autosomal DNA, some have close to 0–1%

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
But any civilization would be ours?

p.s.
I think they dug up in Jerusalem and found no cables. That proves that they had everything wireless 3 million years ago, even sewage was wireless - incredible it was. That is what he is referring to.

FFS. Your attempts at humour may be hilarious in India where you come from but they fall rather flat here.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Also hair samples of 3000 year old Egyptian mummies show traces of cocaine and nicotine. Tobacco and coca leaves are indigenous to South America, suggesting that there were trade routes between South America and Ancient Egypt long before it was recorded in the history books.

Apparently that contamination may be due to the handling of the mummies by students that smoked and used cocaine...

ponder

Honorary Master

You're gonna have to sit down and look at their dna and language groupings.

The Sami for example do carry some Siberian tribe dna, thing is it could be a totally different grouping based on when the migrations occurred.

Last edited:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Nothing new that Columbus was never the first. I leave these:

migrationmap.jpg

And the Solutrean hypothesis circa 20 - 17 kya:

78f0a8ecd59b7ef6a35881e1c55c57b6.jpg

dusi

Ancient Egyptians were seafarers and travelled to most continents even Australia.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so what now, the incas and Native Americans used Jetskis?
or did jet-packs exist back then?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Is this a fact, or is it a hypothesis (theory).

It's clearly stated that the Solutrean Migration is an hypothesis. When enough evidence comes to light, it becomes a theory. There is a vast difference between a theory and an hypothesis.

The reason your religion, of which you claim evidence for the existence of your god but are yet to produce despite numerous requests, is still an hypothesis and evolution is a theory...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Rather primitive stonemasonry I would say. A bit more advancement and they may have produced something like this which used the same stone working tools but advanced techniques, mathematics and measurement:

SAM_1117.JPG
Was that built at 7000ft?
Did some stones weigh 55 tons?
Is that earthquake proof?
Is that granite?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Some facts about the great pyramid, for the peeps with ADD, the vid is 3 minutes long:

How advanced was that civilization?

Status
Not open for further replies.