Goodwood fibre initiative

rph72

Executive Member
I have no clue if people can help me,

But anyways ago few weeks ago the map looked like this
View attachment 626842

And now it has been pulled back into this?

View attachment 626840

any idea if that part will still be done? or are they just not going lay fiber there
Hopefully they will reconsider. It is now the new financial year for them and hopefully the beancounters / investors will release funding for additional roll out to the rest of Goodwood.

Marcell1992

sad part is, it was part of the rollout now its just MIA and the top part is done ><
They refuse to roll out in Richmond Estate, because the Voortrekker side of Richmond hasn't shown enough interest yet, yet my area is as something like 140%. Utterly ridiculous.

ColGatvol

I ordered my fibre line last week and they first needed to confirm my address as not the whole of Goodwood would be getting fibre as initially thought. The ISP asked me if I was above or below Milton Road as not the whole area between Milton and Voortrekker will be getting Fibre. We have been waiting a very long time for this so I know this must suck for you guys. Have you had any feedback from Vumatel about this? They are coming to install my line tomorrow, I will ask the guys if they know anything about the rest of Goodwood's fibre roll out.

DTBA

Expert Member
I ordered my fibre line last week and they first needed to confirm my address as not the whole of Goodwood would be getting fibre as initially thought. The ISP asked me if I was above or below Milton Road as not the whole area between Milton and Voortrekker will be getting Fibre. We have been waiting a very long time for this so I know this must suck for you guys. Have you had any feedback from Vumatel about this? They are coming to install my line tomorrow, I will ask the guys if they know anything about the rest of Goodwood's fibre roll out.
Please do ask. I have had zero feedback from them

yebocan

Executive Member
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325898667906030 - best place for updates.

Manqodi

Worst decision ever Vodacom residential fibre installation. We are really taken for aride. This is the worst service I have ever come upon. Calling support centre, but told they are having challenges in a number of estates! Transfered top different departments.
I pity those who are still on the contract, every day their fibre is down! This is really bad, disgusting form Vodacom.

Disappointed and disgusted!

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I was going to signup with Vodacom fibre here in Goodwood, but then I read some reviews on here and e-mailed the kiddie rep the link. Oke never even replied to my e-mail.

So I thought stuff you. I have now signed up with Macrolan on Vumatel .

ColGatvol

So my line was installed on Wednesday and the next morning Vox phoned me and told me they had an opening and installed my new router the same day. Awesome service I must say. Line was live the moment the router was installed so I have been on fibre since Thursday and it's great. I asked the installers from Vuma on Wednesday but they don't know, they do not do the infrastructure only the home installations. Sorry I couldn't give you guys some more feedback.

rph72

Executive Member
Received an email from mweb that Richmond Estate has been approved for Vuma Arial fibre.

rph72

Executive Member
Anybody know of a good location for a POP in Richmond / Vasco Estate? Schools are out. Vumatel is unable to get approvals from the department.