Google’s Pixel 6 Beats iPhone Camera But Fails Elsewhere: Review

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Google Pixel 6 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro Camera Test - Mrwhosetheboss

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
The design of the new Pixels also leaves something to be desired. The rear glass of the 6 Pro is extremely slick and slippery and the devices have seams and color variance across their materials that make them look and feel less cohesive than rival offerings.
Another Apple fanboy wrote this review? You'll put the device in a case anyway.

deesef

Expert Member
Another Apple fanboy wrote this review? You'll put the device in a case anyway.
That doesn't read like an apple fanboy...

Regarding the back cover being glass; I believe that manufacturers make the phone more vulnerable on purpose, to cash in on breakages. The glass back is an unnecessary solution to a previously non-existant problem.

Reactions: 3WA

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
That doesn't read like an apple fanboy...

Regarding the back cover being glass; I believe that manufacturers make the phone more vulnerable on purpose, to cash in on breakages. The glass back is an unnecessary solution to a previously non-existant problem.
The glass is for wireless charging, you need glass or aluminum for that. Glass became a "premium" thing since can't use plastic and aluminum started getting to heavy for those large phones.

calypso

Expert Member
The polycarb bodies that Nokia used were great. Pity that they didn't catch on.

Dolby

Honorary Master
A phone I'd look at, but lots of reviews mention a hit / miss affair with the fingerprint sensor .

And losing 3D face unlock is also a concern, as I prefer that over a fingerprint scanner *most* times

cerebus

Honorary Master
Impressive stuff indeed! Happy to see Google back in the game. I recommended this phone to my colleague today who's rocking an S9+ that's busy conking in.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Pity that there's so much more to a phone than just a decent camera.