Google & 1 Gbps Fibre to the home...

Justme101

anyone tried contacting google? maybe letting them know how much they would proffit from something like that in SA coz the 1gb fibre costs less than my 2mb atm so i think its safe to say that people in SA will go nuts and they would most likely have more customers than they can handle

HApyM3al

Expert Member
anyone tried contacting google? maybe letting them know how much they would proffit from something like that in SA coz the 1gb fibre costs less than my 2mb atm so i think its safe to say that people in SA will go nuts and they would most likely have more customers than they can handle

Honestly I'f pay more than the $70 for 1gbps! and i agree they'll make shiiitloads of money here... but will government allow it? is it viable for them... not so sure as they gotta put down a pipeline in that can handle all DAT bandwidth so would be amazing here..

one can dream atleast

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Honestly I'f pay more than the $70 for 1gbps! and i agree they'll make shiiitloads of money here... but will government allow it? is it viable for them... not so sure as they gotta put down a pipeline in that can handle all DAT bandwidth so would be amazing here..

one can dream atleast

Its not viable for them, and we are not a big enough market for them to care about.

You do not understand the cost implications for Google in terms of rolling out their Fibre... its been estimated that to do a similar coverage to what Verizon and AT&T have in the states would cost Google about $11bn, and that would cover just 15% of the population of the states.