Google Chrome is king, but Internet Explorer is not dead yet

Thor

Honorary Master
How Microsoft gets away with it is beyond me.

access

Honorary Master
because every second software wants to install it and make it the default browser, most end users just click next to the end..

it was the same story when firefox was in every piece of software..

Sodan

Expert Member
Internet Explorer is the number 1 browser

...used to download and install Chrome.

dabbler

Expert Member
Wait until you need to open a Java applet and then see which browser you need to use.

j4ck455

Executive Member
because every second software wants to install it and make it the default browser, most end users just click next to the end..

it was the same story when firefox was in every piece of software..

The concept of a default browser is to some extent outdated and can be a security risk: non-browser applications (pdf / help file viewers / MSWord etc) that allow users to click on hyperlinks and subsequently launch the system's "default browser" should at the very least require a right click with a context menu option to copy the url to the clipboard, as well as the option of selecting an installed browser in which to launch the url.

It should not be as easy as left clicking to launch a potentially unsafe url that is either designed to exploit a browser vulnerability or to download malware from an infected server.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I'm a 1%-er!!! Woot.

Because I use Firefox 51 :(

Also Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

Idiosyncratic

Expert Member
Opera...since today. Like the better resource usage. Yes, for that I'll happily be part of the minority

Petec

Expert Member
Vivaldi for me. Just an incredible browser. Never been happier.