Google Combines Paid and Free Storage for It’s Platforms

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/103943/google-combines-paid-and-free-storage-for-its-platforms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+zeropaid+(Zeropaid.com)

Google web users now have access to 15GB of storage shared between Drive, Gmail and Google+ Photos.

Until recently, Google users needed to keep track of free storage on all Google products separately. Today, Google has unified storage on their numerous platforms to make it easier for users to see how much storage they have left. Web users will have 15GB of free storage shared between Drive, Gmail and Google+ Photos while app customers will have 30GB.

Not only will it make it easier to keep track of storage, it also allows more flexibility in use for these products. Since the storage is shared across the board for Drive, Gmail and Google+ Photos, users can decide how they want to partition of the storage space. For some users, uploading images is important so the 15GB could be used to store photos and then share on Google+. Other people may require the space to store movies and music for easy access during travel. Since all of the storage has been unified, users can utilize the space however they want. Interested parties can upgrade their storage plans for as little as $4.99 a month. Storage plans start at 100GB and goes up to 16TB. Since all the storage is shared, heavy gmail users are no longer limited by the 25GB of storage for email service.

Google believes that the shared storage will attract for potential users to Android devices as it is much easier to grasp one number versus many. In addition, Google is updating the Drive storage page to show a chart that breaks down total storage use across Drive, Gmail and Google+ Photos. Starting today, Google has already combined the storage for all users with the charts rolling out in the upcoming weeks.
Schweet! :D

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Cool - I pay for extra storage so I'd better check to see how much they are giving me now.

huh - where's my 15GB? Or are they still rolling it out?

Your current plan:

25 GB
$2.49 / Month
Next charge on: 10/06/2013
Manage your payment

Last edited: