Google Maps shows you where to turn with photos

The_MAC

Executive Member
Why does that image look like we drive on the right hand side of the road?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yup looked for it over the weekend. Checked that Google Maps was up to date, Checked again. Found nothing .... Used the navigate feature on 3 trips, 2 in the day one at night ......

So ? Does the feature actually exist?

The_MAC

Executive Member
Good point. I just went to the address on Street view, and it's just a normal street.
It just seemed a little confusing, especially if this is used on a 4 lane road intersection, and by a person who has never been in that area before.

Pakka

Expert Member
Offtopic, but why can't google show your current speed like other navigation apps do :mad:

The_MAC

Executive Member
Offtopic, but why can't google show your current speed like other navigation apps do :mad:
Good question. Heres another one, why do Waze and Google Maps take you on different routes? I have tested with both activated on 2 different phones in the same car on the same trip. Waze's suggested route is always quicker.

Google bought Waze, so why do they both not use the same data in the background i.e. Maps using Waze user reports etc.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The thing we noticed ( being very familiar with the roads to our destination) that Google Maps estimate of the quickest way is very often "messy and complicated" and does not deliver the quickest way nor is it particularly accurate about destinations. Google maps places my daughters place one whole block out of place (about 600 meters out).