Google Pixel Slate leaked ahead of launch event

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
What in the hell is wrong with Google?! Never mind the leaks, the devices look like antiquated garbage.

The Pixel 3 XL is the ugliest phone in history with the most nonsensical implementation of a notch ever, and now this tablet with giant bezels. It doesn't look good compared to the current iPads, never mind the new almost bezel-less ones about to launch.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
What in the hell is wrong with Google?! Never mind the leaks, the devices look like antiquated garbage.

The Pixel 3 XL is the ugliest phone in history with the most nonsensical implementation of a notch ever, and now this tablet with giant bezels. It doesn't look good compared to the current iPads, never mind the new almost bezel-less ones about to launch.
The Pixel Slate looks fine imho.

versus

It really isn't a bad looking device.
I don't like the separate keyboard design though, rounded buttons is a stupid idea.

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/google-pixel-slate/

If the price is good, I might get it, was thinking of getting a samsung tab with a stylus so I could write formulas on it.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
No man, it looks awful.

This is about to become the new iPad design:

Yeah, and I really wouldn't want that small bezels on an iPad, already didn't like it that much from normal iPad to air when they shrunk it. Tablets need that bezel to hold. I hold my iPad landscape since that's the thickest bezels.

sand_man

Honorary Master
No man, it looks awful.

This is about to become the new iPad design:

That's proper!! It irritates me to see how poorly implemented (or not at all) Android tabs are. Only Samsung making something vaguely on a par with the iPad. This Google tab is no different! It looks like an iPad 1 competitor. From that era and generation! Ridiculous!! Maybe it will have a 2 tone rear.... :rolleyes:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Android tablets just never really caught on, mainly because android itself just never really felt optimised for tablets.