cozinsky

Expert Member
I am glad to see that Wikipedia is so high up. People are educating themselves. Nice.

drukkie

Expert Member
So 3mil users not using Google? eish...
Must be the apple fan boys?

daffy

Expert Member
eeeeeh. Something's not right here.

How exactly did Effective Measures measure traffic to google.co.za/com?

Wikkels88

Expert Member
I am glad to see that Wikipedia is so high up. People are educating themselves. Nice.

Or they're just opening the first page on most searches:). Wikipedia almost always shows up at the top when I search something, unless ofcourse you search something specific like "news24.com"

F

Fudzy

Wait, weren't Effective Measure the same guys who muddled the online radio stats?

kolakidd

How exactly did Effective Measures measure traffic to google.co.za/com?

They used a panel, as mentioned in the article. They can track a user who has downloaded the panel software across any web property.

Wait, weren't Effective Measure the same guys who muddled the online radio stats?

No, that was Netdynamix

F

Fudzy

They used a panel, as mentioned in the article. They can track a user who has downloaded the panel software across any web property.

No, that was Netdynamix

So that panel's figures are extrapolated?

Mouse

Expert Member
How many people has Google set as home page?

There's no need for me to set Google as my home page because I use Chrome, I can just search from the address bar.
That makes me wonder if that sort of search also counts towards this statistic.

Wikkels88

Expert Member
There's no need for me to set Google as my home page because I use Chrome, I can just search from the address bar.

You can do this with internet explorer as well, and yeah I think if you search this way, the results will count as a hit towards the statisitics

F

Fudzy

Yeah I just haven't changed it out of laziness :p

ebendl

Expert Member
You can do this with internet explorer as well, and yeah I think if you search this way, the results will count as a hit towards the statisitics

I would think so. Mine is the same.

Crazy that Yahoo is still so high...

mcryan

Expert Member
Quite surprised at how high ask.com and gumtree are on that list.

Beam

Looks about right. SA Internet community is a bit of a funny beast, and doesn't necessarily track international norms because the restrictions and the needs are so very different. Pretty sure YouTube would be quite a bit higher-up that list in most developed nations.

greg0205

Honorary Master
So 3mil users not using Google? eish...
Must be the apple fan boys?

LOL... We still use Google as a search engine 'tho. I even use a Google account for news feeds in Reeder... Other than that, not so much. ;)