Gordhan cancels Christmas break for Eskom execs

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/07/apple-reports-third-quarter-results/

Yeah, they are really struggling...:rolleyes:

I said no such thing, we are contending the point where said bonus schemes don't work without the first sign of even acknowledging that their purpose is not only about boosting profits but also about staff retention.

Indeed, but you cannot use a blanket approach by saying they never work because you refuse to ackowledge that a bonus scheme isn't the only factor that contributes to success or failure of a company. You cannot simply list companies that fail for other reasons and point to that as being a problem with bonus schemes.

Bitter and twisted much? I find it amusing that you don't know the first thing about me yet somehow you think my pay is both excessive and unjustified.
I get the impression that in his world, if you're paid more than anyone else its excessive and unjustified....

porchrat

Honorary Master
Those are classed as bonuses...

But if you never received a bonus it would be safe to assume you were mostly just a very average employee who only ever just did their job.
That and he definitely doesn't work for Eskom because they hand out bonuses like M&Ms

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/07/apple-reports-third-quarter-results/

Yeah, they are really struggling...:rolleyes:

I said no such thing, we are contending the point where said bonus schemes don't work without the first sign of even acknowledging that their purpose is not only about boosting profits but also about staff retention.

I find it incredible that you will not work without a bonus nor stay without one.

Indeed, but you cannot use a blanket approach by saying they never work because you refuse to ackowledge that a bonus scheme isn't the only factor that contributes to success or failure of a company. You cannot simply list companies that fail for other reasons and point to that as being a problem with bonus schemes.

Read it again please. I simply said that bonuses do not give the desired result. You on the other hand seem to think they do. I am done arguing the point. Quits?

Bitter and twisted much? I find it amusing that you don't know the first thing about me yet somehow you think my pay is both excessive and unjustified.
No. That is not what I said, but if the cap fits you will know. I don't in your case, but it fits plenty of others, particularly in this country.

Cray

Honorary Master
No. That is not what I said, but if the cap fits you will know. I don't in your case, but it fits plenty of others, particularly in this country.
So when you said this...

That is just a self serving fiction currently fashionable to justify excessive pay at the expense of the down trodden workers who actually produce the profits given to the likes of you as unjustified excessive pay.
What exactly is "the likes of me"? You know a lot of companies use incentive schemes for all levels of staff, not just for executives?

Also - your quotes are broken.

So when you said this...

What exactly is "the likes of me"? You know a lot of companies use incentive schemes for all levels of staff, not just for executives?

Also - your quotes are broken.
So they were. Sorry!

I made an assumption. There were no such schemes when I worked on the factory floor. Are you then a manual worker? If so, I apologise.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I don't get how anyone can be paid a bonus by a business that is not making money. Or at least, not making target.

If you are making money, then by all means, pay bonuses.
They have been getting huge bonuses for years now despite the steady decline in performance.