Got my paypal set up and paid to my ABSA account. How long does it take to clear?

Snugglebug

It took me days upon days to jump through all the hoops necessary to set up my paypal as a non-fnb account holder. The whole process is exceptionally confusing and pathetic.

In any event, I transferred the USD from paypal to my ABSA account on 1 August. I was hoping the funds would be there by 7 August as I have a huge debit order going off then.

Will it be cleared by 7 August or should I start making alternative arrangements?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
if memory serves they say it takes up to 8 working days, so 10 August in this case

I've only done PayPal withdrawals when I don't care about the processing time so didn't really pay attention to how long it actually took each time though

fwiw that was from PayPal via FNB to Capitec each time

The_Traveller

Expert Member
It took me days upon days to jump through all the hoops necessary to set up my paypal as a non-fnb account holder. The whole process is exceptionally confusing and pathetic.

In any event, I transferred the USD from paypal to my ABSA account on 1 August. I was hoping the funds would be there by 7 August as I have a huge debit order going off then.

Will it be cleared by 7 August or should I start making alternative arrangements?
I'll buy your PayPal dollars, I'll eft you the agreed amount. PM if you interested.