Government employees face salary cuts to help fund Eskom

access

Honorary Master
Surely you realise that the article states that police and teachers are "overpaid" which you should know is drivel?

And since when is earning more than the average salary in a relatively poor demographic country = overpaid??
yeah i skimmed through it. it compares average government salaries average public salaries doesnt it. i can deduce that teacher and police officer salaries for example are relative, but can also take from it the high pay in relevant sectors. the average amounts could also point to massive bloating at top level, since we know lower levels are struggling. as i said its relative.

thechamp

Honorary Master
well heres what a quick search came back with

https://compareguru.co.za/news/average-wages-government
Well you quick search does not tell you the whole story, the article is so wanting that I don't even know where to start.

Firstly, who are they comparing the average salary of a government employee to? It does not even bother, how about adding everybody to the "other workers" to bring the average down?

The average wage for employees across all departments stood at R328 104 p.a
Is that what you call overpaid?

So where did SAPS land up? Well, the department has 192 829 employees - who earn an average of R298 002 per annum.
Or this? It is a shame when we want to ignore even the most blatant facts to push a false narrative.

access

Honorary Master
Well you quick search does not tell you the whole story, the article is so wanting that don't even know where to start.

Firstly, who are they comparing the average salary of a government employee to? It does not even bother, how about adding adding everybody to the "other workers" to bring the average down?

Is that what you call overpaid?

Or this? It is a shame when we want to ignore even the most blatant facts to push a false narrative.
read my response above

access

Honorary Master
its one example guys caman man. ffs.

just google something like "overpaid government employees south africa" and multiple results return..

then on top of this, there are government employees that do sweet bloody **** all and get paid. they dont even go to the office because there is no space, nevermind nothing for them to do, they just pull a salary. you will find this as well if you look for it.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Yes, clever idea. Then all the people that are actually worth their salaries leave and those that are completely worthless and can't get work anywhere else is left. That won't collapse the public sector at all. :rolleyes:
nobody in government or Eskom is worth their salaries, NONE of them

Radorn

Choosing the lesser of two evils? Government employee strike causes less damage to the economy than eskom employee strike.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Yeah, your prediction is useless, I put it to you that you are 79% overpaid.
I negotiated my salary in the private sector where you simply do not get a job unless you are worth the money

which Eskom or government employee can say the same?

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Government employees face salary cuts to help fund Eskom

National Treasury director director-general Dondo Mogajane has said that the best way to fund the bailout of failing state-owned enterprises could be to cut the salaries of all government employees by 10%, according to a report in the City Press.

The government has to find a way to close a R120-billion hole in its budget, which is the result of acceding to a R59-billion bailout for Eskom as well as a shortfall in tax revenue for the fiscal year ended March 2020.
you can retrench 10% of the employees but you can't cut their 10% salaries. you forgot the labour laws you created?

thechamp

Honorary Master
I negotiated my salary in the private sector where you simply do not get a job unless you are worth the money

which Eskom or government employee can say the same?
Yes but you are still overpaid, I base my assertion on nothing of course, you just look exactly 79% overpaid.

Utterly Confused

Eskom staff received bonus twice last year, but other government employees has to have their salaries cut. Why don't they cut eskom salaries by 25%, I'm sure that would bring much more relief to the country. The execs that cause this sht should have their salaries halved, and those cnts in parliament that enabled the thieving bastards.
Very well said my friend, could not have said it better myself. Why must us "Joe Public" suffer with Tax increases and higher than inflation electricity increases, to fund these cANCer morons that is screwing this country.