Government employees face salary cuts to help fund Eskom

H1TMANlol

Time for everyone to put their foot down on these unions !!! We will not be held ransom any longer ! To hell with the unions . Cut everyone's pay at Eskom if they refuse to cut jobs .

REAList_1

Overpaid according to who? Do you know what a cleaner or secretary or admin clerk gets paid? I wouldn't say they are overpaid. I do believe however that their salaries are fair though as long as they can keep up with inflation. Freezing them, despite being a practical solution, would still hurt the average worker financially considering how expensive living costs are becoming.
Please google the average yearly salary at Eskom.
Then add zero percentage home loans.
Then look at their pension fund which is the strongest in the country.
And two bonuses per year. Whoah!,,
Then look at how their work force grew....
And and and ......

thechamp

Honorary Master
Please google the average yearly salary at Eskom.
Then add zero percentage home loans.
Then look at their pension fund which is the strongest in the country.
And two bonuses per year. Whoah!,,
Then look at how their work force grew....
And and and ......
What is a zero percentage home loan?

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
If I remember right, the South African politicians are paid just over 1 Trillion Rand annually! One Trillion is 1.000.000.000.000 Is that correct? Do you think the politicians serve you well? What is needed to save Eskom again? You do the maths.
You remember wrong. Not even close.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
If I remember right, the South African politicians are paid just over 1 Trillion Rand annually! One Trillion is 1.000.000.000.000 Is that correct? Do you think the politicians serve you well? What is needed to save Eskom again? You do the maths.
Too much Orc in your brain? Members of parliament get paid R1 000 000 per year though, so that is R400 million a year just on their salaries. So if I have to guess, maybe R10 to R15 billion spend directly on all politicians (this includes traditional leaders),

Temujin

Executive Member
No they won't... unable to cut the fat and even stop hiring people, not a chance will unions ever allow this, 20% salary increase with performance bonuses quarterly maybe, but no decrease in salaries, staff, or looting will ever be on the cards

Grant

Honorary Master
here's a novel idea for the govt - instead of punishing innocent employees:
launch civil proceedings against brian molefe and his gupta cohorts to recover every bean stolen.

for govt employees - form an association and launch a class action civil claim against gupta inc

Quote Reply

j4ck455

Executive Member
here's a novel idea for the govt - instead of punishing innocent employees:
launch civil proceedings against brian molefe and his gupta cohorts to recover every bean stolen.

for govt employees - form an association and launch a class action civil claim against gupta inc
Can I buy shares in the law firms before all of that legal time wasting kicks off?

The money was stolen, it is has left the country along with the Guptas and a bunch of others, it is in Dubai and it is never coming back to SA.

Even if by some miracle the Guptas were ever extradited, the money (read diamonds) would be seized and would disappear from the Gupta mansion without a trace.

Anyone that disagrees with my assessment is welcome to go to Dubai and prove me wrong by returning the money to SA.

Grant

Honorary Master
Can I buy shares in the law firms before all of that legal time wasting kicks off?
i suggest do deals with ens south africa & norton rose fullbright
however a class action civil lawsuit on behalf of employees is likely to attract heavyweight law firms offering to act on a contingency basis

The money was stolen, it is has left the country along with the Guptas and a bunch of others, it is in Dubai and it is never coming back to SA.
says who ?

Even if by some miracle the Guptas were ever extradited, the money (read diamonds) would be seized and would disappear from the Gupta mansion without a trace.
it would be seized & disappear ??

Anyone that disagrees with my assessment is welcome to go to Dubai and prove me wrong by returning the money to SA.
and i say saturn is really a big ball of hummus - anyone that disagrees with my assessment is welcome to go to saturn and prove me wrong by returning with anything other than hummus

lsheed_cn

Expert Member

Diamonds?

Boet, they took Gold, and USD.
Diamonds are pretty worthless as a convertible currency.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
National Treasury director director-general Dondo Mogajane has said that the best way to fund the bailout of failing state-owned enterprises could be to cut the salaries of all government employees by 10%, according to a report in the City Press.
Moron. Seeing that their pension is a defined pension bebefit which amount mostly depends on the average salary for the last two years the country will burn before this happens.