Government looking at separate curriculum for rural schools

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I'm sure they will try to dumb it down further. The ANC loves uneducated voters!

tRoN

Executive Member
I wonder which rural school I that’s closest to me I can send my kid to. She will get 120% for everything now!

LPCPT

When I look at some projects my kids have to do, I sometimes wonder how a child at a farm school with 2 working parents will master it. No internet or library, let alone parents who have time to help.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
If the anc had their way they would have a white and a black education system with whites having to get a 75% pass rate and blacks just need to attend.

FFS they say what is convenient, one minute they say how important education and schooling is then they go lower the standards.

PS the white will still not get the jobs because of BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEE

Ninja'd

A Djinn
If the anc had their way they would have a white and a black education system with whites having to get a 75% pass rate and blacks just need to attend.
Indians need 100% unless they have political connections.
Coloureds need... ag, who cares about them.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The wheel turns ....... Those old policies were not that stupid and racist after all were they ....

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Why is it horrible? The education system needs an overhaul. The standards for the important stuff is too low, a lot of "BS" is taught that can be shifted to tertiary education or bridge courses and basic stuff that people need to function in the economy is never taught.

We need rural/agricultural schools, we need vocational schools and we need academic schools. The gap between rich and poor is not going to get wider at a faster rate and at least you'll have more people economically active and give the next generation a better future.

"Equal education" is bull**** because equal ability and therefore equal opportunity does not exist and it never will.

Why is it horrible? The education system needs an overhaul. The standards for the important stuff is too low, a lot of "BS" is taught that can be shifted to tertiary education or bridge courses and basic stuff that people need to function in the economy is never taught.

We need rural/agricultural schools, we need vocational schools and we need academic schools. The gap between rich and poor is not going to get wider at a faster rate and at least you'll have more people economically active and give the next generation a better future.

"Equal education" is bull**** because equal ability and therefore equal opportunity does not exist and it never will.
It is horrible, because of what the curriculum is based on:

A curriculum that promotes a sense of place, pride and belonging in the school community but at the same time allows for individual mobility.

A curriculum that recognises resource scarcity in rural areas but that acknowledges and harnesses the resources and knowledge that exists in rural communities. For example, environmental concerns and agriculture are core resources intrinsic to the lived experiences of rural communities.

A curriculum that reflects the aspirations of the individual learner and the community whilst responding to the well-being and development needs of the community.
It seems they want to do away with preparing these children for the real world. Seems the new curriculum accepts that these children will stay in rural areas and not move on into a corporate setting where they could actually join the economy and make a decent living.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
While ‘rural’ usually refers to settings that are sparsely populated and where agriculture is the major means of economic activity, the concept also includes areas of dense settlement created by colonial and apartheid -driven land settlements. Several ‘mining’ areas where mining is no longer active also fall into this category.
I guess all ‘black’ settlements will be inclusive under this policy, including 'less' privileged areas?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
It seems they want to do away with preparing these children for the real world. Seems the new curriculum accepts that these children will stay in rural areas and not move on into a corporate setting where they could actually join the economy and make a decent living.
This fallacy that everybody should work in a corporate environment to take part in the economy. What about farmers, miners, artisans? Not everybody can be engineers and accountants. And these kids aren't economically active at the moment when they drop out of school because they can't pass matric.

This fallacy that everybody should work in a corporate environment to take part in the economy. What about farmers, miners, artisans? Not everybody can be engineers and accountants. And these kids aren't economically active at the moment when they drop out of school because they can't pass matric.
I agree somewhat. Problem is, if the curriculum is not correct, that child will in any event not be able to farm. Being a farmer is so much more than just being a 'farmer'. Not only do you need to have proper education and experience in the area in which you farm, the product and much more, but also additional things such as bookkeeping, marketing, interacting with the corporate sector to offset your product, both locally and abroad, if possible.

Most people today do not want to work on a farm. They want to own it. Be the farmer. Generate an income. I do not see the possibilities of this in the planned curriculum.