Government looking at tougher lockdown for South Africa – including a move to level 4 restrictions

Anti-Chris

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Put everyone who was diagnosed with Covid, backdated to March 2020, under a 1 month hard lockdown as they clearly violated the regulations (most likely the sanitizing of hands). Those who are currently diagnosed with Covid must go under a 2 month hard lockdown: 1 month to recover and another 1 month as punishment for violating regulations and catching Covid.

The State should have all their particulars so this should be easily enforceable via the South African Covid App.

Quit locking down the rest of us who have avoided catching Covid for 9 months.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Put everyone who was diagnosed with Covid, backdated to March 2020, under a 1 month hard lockdown as they clearly violated the regulations (most likely the sanitizing of hands). Those who are currently diagnosed with Covid must go under a 2 month hard lockdown: 1 month to recover and another 1 month as punishment for violating regulations and catching Covid.

The State should have all their particulars so this should be easily enforceable via the South African Covid App.

Quit locking down the rest of us who have avoided catching Covid for 9 months.
Why is it funny, @GMAN03? Do you enjoy serving punishment for the violations committed by others over which you had zero control?

Tun@

Expert Member
Cooperative Governance Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and Police Minister Bheki Cele have recommended the country move to virus alert level 4 for 30 days,

Ones just a power tripper & the other can't wait to find any excuse to ban tobacco again

garp

Executive Member
This is absurd, considering that, at least in the Cape, they implemented the current lock down AFTER the daily cases had peaked and the new cases now continue to trend downwards. It just seems like they are hell bent on destruction, for no good reason.

How on earth we are reverting to the idiotic days of Cele running around after surfers and motorists with a beer in the boot and no doubt next will be moronic ministers squabbling about what constitutes an essential item or food that is prepared is utterly beyond me. And clearly the tobacco ban is about to re-appear.

These people are totally broken in the head.

krycor

Honorary Master
While i get the fear.. i don't see what they targetting other than non-essential interprovincial travel which effectively will limit spread between provinces... but the horse has long bolted in that sense so uhm.. don't think its worth doing.

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Civil war? Nope the ANCP has already declared war against its own people.

It's doing everything it can to destroy South Africa. This is not passive inaction, this is premeditated and willful.

Your government at best, gives zero F's about you, and at worst, will actively work to take everything from you and put you in the dirt.

It's not a case of this one is better or worse than that one, it's a case of here and now, they are out to screw you, today.

krycor

Honorary Master
This is absurd, considering that, at least in the Cape, they implemented the current lock down AFTER the daily cases had peaked and the new cases now continue to trend downwards. It just seems like they are hell bent on destruction, for no good reason.

How on earth we are reverting to the idiotic days of Cele running around after surfers and motorists with a beer in the boot and no doubt next will be moronic ministers squabbling about what constitutes an essential item or food that is prepared is utterly beyond me. And clearly the tobacco ban is about to re-appear.

These people are totally broken in the head.

If they didn't implement the curfew and alcohol ban(tho limit may have been sufficient).. i reckon many potentially would have died. the hospital situation and/or alcohol related trama cases is that harsh.

There is talk of serious longer term litigation/ law changes imposed on the alcohol industry to come as the period between harsh lockdown and recent implementation of alcohol ban has yet again proven the cost of alcohol abuse in SA. Fight it all you want.. we've had pretty lax laws in this respect vs behaviour of consumers.. i.e. they can only blame themselves.

genetic

Honorary Master
Civil war? Nope the ANCP has already declared war against its own people.

It's doing everything it can to destroy South Africa. This is not passive inaction, this is premeditated and willful.

Your government at best, gives zero F's about you, and at worst, will actively work to take everything from you and put you in the dirt.

It's not a case of this one is better or worse than that one, it's a case of here and now, they are out to screw you, today.

I see you're one of those Karens. So should I buy a machine gun and barricade my windows?

Lupus

Honorary Master
At this point it's ce qui sera sera, they will do what they want regardless of the circumstances. Jobs will be lost, more people not paying taxes,more struggles to sort out the healthcare.
They seem to think we're some developed country that can take another knock. Also they only implemented this last week? Surely they'd need to actually see if it works?
But than again it doesn't seem to be working in other countries, as they now moving higher and higher. It's almost as if this virus has mutated to be more virulent

Louis72

Expert Member
I don’t understand why should one go to Level 4 for 30 days if 14 days could just be as effective?

Especially since we are into a couple of weeks of banning “big bad alcohol” and social gatherings. So that should start to have an effect?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I don’t understand why should one go to Level 4 for 30 days if 14 days could just be as effective?

Especially since we are into a couple of weeks of banning “big bad alcohol” and social gatherings. So that should start to have an effect?
Into a couple of weeks? It's been 9 days?