Government policy will now let mobile networks build a 5G tower on your property

konfab

Honorary Master

Any infrastructure built on this land would belong to the network which built it,
and property owners are directed to avoid damage to the facilities built on their property.

The policy goes on to state that licensees who wish to build communications infrastructure on a property must provide the owner with a notice that includes the following information:

• The reasons for engaging in the activity
  • The date of commencement of such activity
  • The objection process to its plans
  • The planned location of the installation
  • Environmental, water, health, and safety information
Additionally, owners may not charge companies for building infrastructure on their property, except under certain conditions.

These include cases where more intrusive electronic communications networks or facilities, such as masts, are erected on a property.

“In such cases, any access fee must be reasonable in proportion to the disadvantage suffered and must not enrich the property owner or exploit the electronic communications network service licensee,” the policy states.

Expropriation without compensation. So they can make money off your property and you cannot benefit from it?

"Sorry bucko, I need your car to do this urgent Uber trip. Never mind you having to pay for the lease on the car".

konfab

Honorary Master
Constitutional Court, here we come ...
Completely captured. I would completely expect them to support it.
They will completely agree with it because it will "advance transformation", "overcome apartheid", "abolish whiteness" and whatever else SJW reason they can think of.

All the government has to say is that racist white property owners will keep poor black, underprivileged, multimillion-rand cellphone network providers from building a network and the court will eviscerate property rights with a stoke of the pen.

Last edited:

Dups!

Expert Member
What the f$%k!!!

These guys have gone beyond mad, where is the opposition when it is needed.

This is not on.

ProfA

Honorary Master
They are really more than welcome to build on my property. As long as they realise, I have this masked vandal that keeps breaking **** on my property that doesn't belong to me. Hope they can catch him. He is quite the evil fcker. The tower will be down 99.9% of the time.