Government - We will do everything in our power to keep SAA

Swa

Honorary Master
while the ANC have free access to taxpayers money.

The ANC swine will use everything in their power to keep the trough topped up.
That's the absolutely shocking thing. Even in business rescue they can still pump tax payer money into it to perpetually keep it afloat.

Reactions: ES1

Mila

Honorary Master
Sounds Like the ANC doesn’t it.

They see how big failure land distribution is, they see what harm BEE has done they see how badly most of their policies are doing, they have seen how big of a failure zimbabwe is and still they will do everything in their power to make sure South africa is as big of a failure...

Swa

Honorary Master
Sounds Like the ANC doesn’t it.

They see how big failure land distribution is, they see what harm BEE has done they see how badly most of their policies are doing, they have seen how big of a failure zimbabwe is and still they will do everything in their power to make sure South africa is as big of a failure...
The ANC is so much of a failure they can't even see their failures.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
“Government remains the sole shareholder of SAA. If you run a company [of which] I am a shareholder, the day I don’t like what you do I will come in. It’s that simple,” said Mashatile.
You can do that with board of directors. BRP is not a board.

Flanders

Honorary Master
It makes sense for them because it's the only airline they can fly on for free as part of their government packages. That's why they kept the Joburg to Cape Town route else they would have to pay out of their own pockets to fly on the other airlines.
They kept the lights on just long enough for the SONA - maybe same story for the JHB-CT route ? :p

diesel

Expert Member
SAA would not be bankrupt if government actually knew what was in the best interests of the national airline :rolleyes:
Oh they knew exactly what was good for SAA but instead they did everything that was bad for SAA because it was good for their own pockets. Zuma, Gupta , Myeni went out of their way to make sure inflated contracts were given to companies that benefited their interests.

Reactions: ES1

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
The only reason for SAA to survive, is so that the ANC MPs can get free flights.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Imagine being as kak at ANYthing as the ANC is at EVERYthing. :X3:
They're not kak at everything.

They're super fukkin awesome at putting together and running patronage systems, corruption schemes and consequence avoidance mechanisms

Urist

Expert Member
They are unwilling to admit to failure or to face the consequences of their policies.
The reason is simpler. It's because they're not absorbing the losses, we are, they're just benefiting.. they're the ones our losses are going to.
Same with all SOEs

system32

Expert Member
Government - We will do everything in our power, including wasting taxpayer money to keep SAA
FTFY.
Where does the money come from to keep SAA flying?

Solarion

Honorary Master
“Government remains the sole shareholder of SAA. If you run a company [of which] I am a shareholder, the day I don’t like what you do I will come in. It’s that simple,” said Mashatile.
And which day was it that you decided to come in? 1 billion debt? 2 Billion? You waited a lot of billions before deciding to "come in" :)

Eniigma

Expert Member
The ANC is so much of a failure they can't even see their failures.
They are too busy looking at their Rolex's and other shiny things they've bought with the taxpayers money, the don't see the dumpster fire they've created through out the country.