Government will redistribute over 500,000 hectares of land in South Africa – here’s how it will work

rietrot

Honorary Master
Bwahahahahahahaha, the Sahara started from a change in weather patterns. Humans had zero effect on it, especially seen as though the worldwide population at the time was likely around 5 million people.

Most desertification is caused be humans actively over grazing animals and cutting down trees.

Rajah

Honorary Master
Sahara desert started like this......
Oh kak, there will be 3 mielies, and old man sitting on a three legged stool under a leafless tree smoking his pipe whilst a one eyed mongrel called Lucky licks his balls in the shade...

So what you're saying that even if implemented correctly there's no way people of colour can make this work?

rietrot

Honorary Master
So what you're saying that even if implemented correctly there's no way people of colour can make this work?
There's no need to be racist about it and immediately jump to POC.

Getting finance on a leasehold is problematic so no large scale spending.

The government isn't exactly know for its ability to do things correctly. It is ridiculous to expect them to do this correctly.

Norrad

Expert Member
Most desertification is caused be humans actively over grazing animals and cutting down trees.
Not disputing that in a modern setting with mass farming, but the Sahara formed thousands of years ago when there were fewer humans living on the entire planet than there are in a single large city now. Humans had zero effect on the Sahara becoming a desert, but we might be/are affecting its expansion now.

Rajah

Honorary Master
There's no need to be racist about it and immediately jump to POC.

Getting finance on a leasehold is problematic so no large scale spending.

The government isn't exactly know for its ability to do things correctly. It is ridiculous to expect them to do this correctly.

Sorry, but I don't see any other way to read what he said. I don't easily call someone a racist but that's clearly what he meant by that post. I know quite a few people of colour with succesfull business's in agriculture, even with little access to land. If saying gov will probably fck it up he won't be wrong, but that's not how he worded that.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not disputing that in a modern setting with mass farming, but the Sahara formed thousands of years ago when there were fewer humans living on the entire planet than there are in a single large city now. Humans had zero effect on the Sahara becoming a desert, but we might be/are affecting its expansion now.
I'm not so sure about that Egypt and the middle east is the oldest population centers in the world.

And then as I understand it the dessert region there actually starts all the way east in Mongolia/China and spread west.

Anyway I might not have any idea what I'm saying.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Sorry, but I don't see any other way to read what he said. I don't easily call someone a racist but that's clearly what he meant by that post. I know quite a few people of colour with succesfull business's in agriculture, even with little access to land. If saying gov will probably fck it up he won't be wrong, but that's not how he worded that.
Small scale subsidence farming like he described is also a thing.

Rajah

Honorary Master
Small scale subsidence farming like he described is also a thing.

That is not what this article refers to. You don't lease a farm at commercial rates to do subsistence farming.

rietrot

Honorary Master
That is not what this article refers to. You don't lease a farm at commercial rates to do subsistence farming.
Yes obviously. But that's what a lot of rural village people know. So it likely depends on the area and who gets the farm and the rates and the lease and everything.

We have seen farms given to people that just strip it bare. "Land reform" can certainly go bad.

Rajah

Honorary Master
Yes obviously. But that's what a lot of rural village people know. So it likely depends on the area and who gets the farm and the rates and the lease and everything.

We have seen farms given to people that just strip it bare. "Land reform" can certainly go bad.

Land reform goes bad because the wrong people get it, hopefully the below guards against that. He either didn't read the article or he assumes people of colour are incompetent.

The main eligibility criteria include:

• The applicant must be a South African citizen;
  • The applicant must be 18 years or older;
  • Priority within the target group will be given to women, youth and people with disabilities;
  • Applicants must indicate their current farming area;
  • A successful applicant must operate the land for the duration of the lease contract. They must also demonstrate a basic capacity to work the land;
  • Bias will be shown to people who have farming experience of at least three to five years.

Anthro

Expert Member
I am ALL for this.
If they put competent people at the wheel - epic stuff.
Let's work the land together, shoulder to shoulder - competing to produce the best crop.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
The advert will run from 15 October – 15 November – a full calendar month. This 30 day period is to ensure that people have enough time to make their applications.

really?

Zophos

Expert Member
True, they don't think further than the end of their noses.

I would ask for proof of this but history on here has taught me that it'll just be met with a solid ignore.

It was intended as a joke, but since you asked:

I'm not even going to bother. You will find a wiki page to figure why it's not racist anyway. Just go on with your world view that racism don't exist. And keep on wondering why their can never be unity as well. And that goes for both your type and the the Malema type racists out there.
There are black people using racism as a crutch and blaming all their ills on that, just as their are still white people being racist. Don't see either going anywhere soon. All of us can only start by ourselves, nothing we can do about others.
You are creating your own negative here. The schweizer_reneke thing was one of many. Do you think convicted racist Vicky and the dead racist Penny sparrow was also not racist by any chance? And whats your comment on WW2 post I was referring to there? You own experience of never seeing racism is BS, that's clear as I pointed one instance out to you clearly and you just pretended to not see it, I bet you do the same in everyday life.
Better than a loser who can't even shoot straight but pretends to be all aryan white. Meantime half of his ancestors were black.

Ahem....

garp

Executive Member
Fake news. They are not redistributing land, they are LEASING it.

Rajah

Honorary Master
It was intended as a joke, but since you asked:

Ahem....

And exactly who was I calling a racist there?
The issue with some of you is that instead of addressing the message, you address the messenger.

Last edited:

FNfal

Executive Member
The concept is good and seems to have fail safes .
The practical side is yet to be seen , i like ! .

RedViking

Nord of the South
They can take my house and my land, I don't care.

Just give my time to inform the owner.

:ROFL: