Govt departments have been told to push the message ‘the vaccine is your choice’

neoprema

Executive Member
my word are we still debating this? **yawn**

Forced vaccination by soldiers is the answer but we've become a world full of "i want my way" with 9999 different opinions and super-fast finger triggers to blame when our way doesn't work. So ho hum.

tetrasect

Expert Member
my word are we still debating this? **yawn**

Forced vaccination by soldiers is the answer but we've become a world full of "i want my way" with 9999 different opinions and super-fast finger triggers to blame when our way doesn't work. So ho hum.

That would only be the answer if the vaccine actually did make us sterile and/or killed us. Otherwise the conspiracy would not be fulfilled.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Delta is the latest successful variant and it wasn't exactly harmless now was it? The beta also killed people who had survived alpha, so much for your natural immunity. Those experts were speaking in general as they can't know how this virus will mutate exactly. They also said it should burn out in a year or about and yet here we are still.

Brian, you're an anti vaxxer, maga hatted conspiracy theorist with selective consumption of info, ever biased toward stuff that confirms his rabbit hole, but who seems to always get into debates he can't handle. Always weaseling out. Have the courage of your convictions, will you?
It's already backed by several studies that natural immunity provides " stronger, more durable, and broader" protection than the vaccine. Whoops!

tetrasect

Expert Member
It's already backed by several studies that natural immunity provides " stronger, more durable, and broader" protection than the vaccine. Whoops!

Cool story, so we should all get infected with Covid instead of taking the vaccine?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Cool story, so we should all get infected with Covid instead of taking the vaccine?
if that was proven to be the most effective way for the vast majority of people out of this pandemic and it became legally mandated to get infected ... would you support it?

it is, and always has been, about choice:
- you want the vaccine? great, your choice
- you're at lower risk of infection / death than a vaccinated person through having been infected or being young? your choice, but you will get no actual benefit from the vaccine
- you're at high risk and still don't want the vaccine? still your choice

tetrasect

Expert Member
if that was proven to be the most effective way for the vast majority of people out of this pandemic and it became legally mandated to get infected ... would you support it?
I proposed that the young and healthy purposefully get infected and isolate as a means of reaching herd immunity at the beginning of the 1st wave. Thankfully we have a much better option now, it's called a vaccine.

it is, and always has been, about choice:
- you want the vaccine? great, your choice
- you're at lower risk of infection / death than a vaccinated person through having been infected or being young? your choice, but you will get no actual benefit from the vaccine
- you're at high risk and still don't want the vaccine? still your choice

You're shifting goalposts again. Nobody is saying you should not have the choice, we are saying stop being a baby and make the right choice, which is to get vaccinated.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You're shifting goalposts again. Nobody is saying you should not have the choice, we are saying stop being a baby and make the right choice, which is to get vaccinated.
you might want to review the thread title and the thread itself

the entire thing is about choice, but sure now it's "shifting goalposts" :ROFL:

R13...

Honorary Master
Why would anyone choose to be infected with a disease that may kill them or leave with long term symptoms?

Brian_G

Executive Member
Why would anyone choose to be infected with a disease that may kill them or leave with long term symptoms?
Well.... there's an awful lot of that kind of thing out there, and as with this one most don't get seriously affected.

Plus we have the chemical dependency thing, you know, the cause of superbugs and the like.

But don't debate it with me, your doctor should be able to clear up any detail uncertainties.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
not the point, IF it was the mandated "cure", would you be happy with being forced into it?

because that is exactly the situation with the covid vaccines: if you won't be happy with being forced to get infected, you should not be happy with anyone in the world being forced to take the vaccine either

Markd

Expert Member
not the point, IF it was the mandated "cure", would you be happy with being forced into it?

because that is exactly the situation with the covid vaccines: if you won't be happy with being forced to get infected, you should not be happy with anyone in the world being forced to take the vaccine either

Its not the mandated cure you clown. The fact that fools like you are still running around unvaccinated proves that there are no blanket mandates in place.

"getting the virus" in order to build up immunity means loads of people dying and hospitals and the people that work there becoming overwhelmed, in turn leading to more death as other people with critical conditions aren't able to get the care they need, as has already been demonstrated in many places all over the world.

R13...

Honorary Master

No, if someone "encouraged" me to get infected to a virus with a more than 1% chance of killing me I'd tell them to go play with themselves. And no, the comparison is false. The vaccine doesn't have the same chance of killing you as the virus. The vaccine keeps people out of hospital by preventing severe illness, getting the virus would do the opposite. The same with re death.

Markd

Expert Member
tell that to Discovery employees
tell that to Lithuania or Israel

now take your ignorance and shove it, you clown

Discovery employees can quit and go work somewhere else. Nobody is forcing them to stay.

There is no "one world" government prescribing how every country responds to the pandemic. Consider yourself lucky to have the freedom to be a clown here in SA.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
No, if someone "encouraged" me to get infected to a virus with a more than 1% chance of killing me I'd tell them to go play with themselves. And no, the comparison is false. The vaccine doesn't have the same chance of killing you as the virus. The vaccine keeps people out of hospital by preventing severe illness, getting the virus would do the opposite. The same with re death.
and for under 40 year olds the chances of dying from the virus is less than 1%, less than 0.1% even

yet enforcing a vaccine is somehow ok?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Just for information:

SA Constitution
Bill of Rights

Section 12 Freedom and security of the person

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom and security of the person, which includes the right –
(a) not to be deprived of freedom arbitrarily or without just cause;
(b) not to be detained without trial;
(c) to be free from all forms of violence from either public or private sources;
(d) not to be tortured in any way; and
(e) not to be treated or punished in a cruel, inhuman or degrading way.
(2) Everyone has the right to bodily and psychological integrity, which includes the right –
(a) to make decisions concerning reproduction;
(b) to security in and control over their body; and
(c) not to be subjected to medical or scientific experiments without their informed consent.

R13...

Honorary Master
and for under 40 year olds the chances of dying from the virus is less than 1%, less than 0.1% even

yet enforcing a vaccine is somehow ok?
I am opposed to work places, universities, etc trying to mandate that only the vaccinated be allowed in. They should give people the chance to work from home or study remotely when they don't want to vaccinate however crazy their reasoning for refusal. I do think unvaccinated can't be allowed to run amok, get sick and place unnecessary burdens and risk people who are at risk of severe disease and death.