Grace Mugabe 'assaulted' me with an extension cord

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Nothing will come of this. We know our government too well. They will find some excuse to let her go. They are all the same.

schumi

Honorary Master
BREAKING: Grace Mugabe returns to Zimbabwe despite assault claim

Harare - Zimbabwean state media say the wife of President Robert Mugabe has returned home from South Africa despite calls that she be prosecuted for allegedly assaulting a young model at a luxury hotel in Johannesburg.

State broadcaster ZBC says Grace Mugabe returned with her husband to Harare on an Air Zimbabwe flight on Sunday morning.

A ZBC report showed Grace Mugabe greeting government and military officials at the Harare airport.

The South African government said on Saturday that it was deciding whether to grant diplomatic immunity to Grace Mugabe at the request of the Zimbabwean government, though there was no immediate comment from South African authorities on Sunday. South African police had issued a "red alert" at borders to ensure she didn't leave undetected and said they were waiting for a government decision on the immunity appeal.
More at: http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/breaking-grace-mugabe-returns-to-zimbabwe-despite-assault-claim-20170820

schumi

Honorary Master
Hotel waitress loses baby after Grace Mugabe's hotel rampage

A waitress suffered a miscarriage after she was pushed by Robert Mugabe jnr as he fled his mother Grace Mugabe's violent attack at a Sandton hotel on Sunday.

The waitress at Capital 20 West was delivering food when Robert jnr ran past her and pushed her out of the way. The woman fell to the ground and was rushed to hospital, where she later lost her baby.

A hotel employee confirmed the incident.

"She was not hit by Grace. It was Robert jnr who pushed her out of the way as he ran away from his mother.
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/news/2017-08-19-hotel-waitress-loses-baby-after-grace-mugabes-hotel-rampage/

schumi

Honorary Master
Model involved in nightclub 'brawl' before Grace Mugabe alleged assault

The damage-control machine that gathered around Zimbabwe’s First Lady Grace Mugabe this week is desperate to poke holes in the story of the young model who accused Mugabe of assaulting her with an extension cord.

They have acquired closed-circuit television footage which, they claim, shows Gabriella Engels (20) involved in a brawl at Sandton’s popular Taboo nightclub in the early hours of last Sunday morning, the day Mugabe allegedly assaulted her.

But Mugabe’s aides may not need it.

City Press understands that on Friday, Zimbabwe’s first couple was given assurances by senior government officials that she would not be charged over the assault.

Engels denied yesterday that she was involved in any such brawl: “Yes, I was at Taboo, but I was not involved in any fight.

"They are trying to discredit me. The fight that happened at Taboo on Saturday has nothing to do with my case,” she said, adding that it was a friend of hers who was involved in the brawl.

“I was not partying with the boys and I would prefer not to be commenting on my connections with Taboo.”

But two sources, one close to the Mugabe family and the other a regular at Taboo, told City Press this week that in the early hours of Sunday morning, Engels and a group of friends came to blows with another group of women inside the club.
More at: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/grace-fury-20170819

blender

So I guess now any friends of the ANC know that they can come to our country and steal, assault, murder, rape and they'll get a free pass home because the ANC values them more than they do the people of this country

schumi

Honorary Master
'She hit me for what seemed like forever' - Mugabe alleged assault victim

Grace Mugabe stormed into the room, already armed with an extension cord, according to her alleged assault victim.

“She just had this sort of look in her eyes, that she was furious and that the extension cord was probably the first thing she could grab with which to beat somebody.”

Mugabe was seemingly looking for her socialite sons, but they were not in the room.

Behind the first lady were more than 10 bodyguards and some of the hotel’s security guards.

“She was well-dressed and I had no idea who she was. She kept screaming, asking where her son was. The more we tried to explain they might be elsewhere in the hotel [but not with us], the less she wanted to believe it.

“The next thing she hit my friend who was closest to her with the cord. She ran away and then she started hitting me.”
More at: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/she-hit-me-for-what-seemed-like-forever-20170819-2

Daruk

Honorary Master
This is a separate incident? :wtf:
Something is fishy here.
...Oh...NM it's the 'times'

Garnet Basson, chief operating officer at The Capital Hotel Group, did not confirm or deny the incident, but said: "We are handling this thing internally. Please respect that. We will decide on how to deal with this matter going forward.
FTFY:

Garnet Basson, chief operating officer at The Capital Hotel Group, did not confirm or deny the incident, but said: "We are hiding this thing internally. Please respect that. We will decide on how to deal with this matter going forward.
So this hotel has CCTV of at least the waitress being pushed?

Last edited:

schumi

Honorary Master
CONFIRMED: Minister Nkoana-Mashabane granted Mugabe diplomatic immunity

Johannesburg – The Department of International Relations and Cooperation has confirmed that Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane had granted Zimbabwe First Lady Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity.

Mugabe is at the centre of an assault claim in South Africa.

"I hereby recognise the immunities and privileges of the First Lady of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Dr Grace Mugabe," reads a Government Gazette notice, signed by Nkoane-Mashabane on Saturday and published on Sunday.

In the "Minister’s Minute", it indicates that she makes the recognition "in accordance with the powers vested in me by section 7(2) of the Diplomatic Immunities and Privileges Act 2001 (Act No 37 of 2001) and acting in the Interest of [the] Republic of South Africa".

It goes on to indicate that the immunities and privileges of Mugabe are recognised "in terms of international law and as set out in the attached Notice".

Dirco spokesperson Nelson Kgwete confirmed the authenticity of the notice and said the department would release a statement later in the day.

Earlier on Sunday, various reports emerged that Mugabe had flown back to Zimbabwe that morning with her husband, President Robert Mugabe.

'Contravention of laws, rights of victim'

This month, a case of assault was reported to police by model Gabriella Engels who claims Grace Mugabe attacked her with an extension cord at a Sandton Hotel on August 13.

On Friday, the police’s Vish Naidoo told Netwerk24 that police had provisionally halted investigations into the matter after a note verbale was received, which indicated that the suspect in the case had applied for diplomatic immunity.

Meanwhile, earlier on Sunday, Afriforum said it would approach the courts to contest the diplomatic immunity.

"What we will carry on with is a review application [of the decision] to grant her immunity," said Afriforum’s legal representative Willie Spies.

"We believe that it is not a correct decision," he said, adding that his organisation believes that this was in contravention of South Africa’s laws, as well as the rights of the victim to see justice.

Depending on the outcome of a review, Afriforum was also keen to "eventually carry on with a private prosecution".

Furthermore, he suggested that it might become "very difficult" for Mugabe to return to South Africa in the future, suggesting that she could be considered "for all intents and purposes: a fugitive".

News24
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/confirmed-minister-nkoana-mashabane-granted-mugabe-diplomatic-immunity-20170820

Dave

Honorary Master
African dictator club to the rescue.

I wonder if this was playing in the background as that was signed...

[video=youtube_share;OfMwWLnpgGw]https://youtu.be/OfMwWLnpgGw[/video]

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Johannesburg – The Department of International Relations and Cooperation has confirmed that Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane had granted Zimbabwe First Lady Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity..../snip
Just like we all predicted. This is a big joke !

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Every one of the anc in SA are no better than the mugabe's in Zim.
That is a fact that cannot be denied.

Hosehead

Executive Member
The biggest hurdle facing private prosecution is the actual getting the certificate of no intention to prosecute by the DPP as they will say
Oh well we tried but she invoked immunity so it's not straightforward as DPP didn't actually decline to prosecute but never had the option.