Grace Mugabe 'assaulted' me with an extension cord

Seriously

Honorary Master
Exclusive: Pictures reveal inside story of Grace Mugabe's hotel rampage

A security incident report has shed new light on the chaotic events that unfolded as Zimbabwean first lady Grace Mugabe went on a rampage at a luxury hotel in Johannesburg.

Mugabe’s violent attack on guests and staff at the Capital 20 West in Sandton caused a diplomatic crisis – and outrage in South Africa – but she was granted diplomatic immunity and allowed to leave the country without being prosecuted.

TimesLIVE has seen an official report about the incident‚ compiled by Aragon Security‚ whose officers responded to the scene last Sunday.
More:
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...e-mugabes-hotel-rampage/?device=feature_phone

TheJman

Expert Member
But its ok for the likes of you that whites have to pay for the sins of their parents or rather forefathers? How covenient double standards are in South Africa.

Additionally one of her sons caused a pregnant woman a miscarriage whilst running away from the wrath of their grazy mom Grace or rather Mugabes beech.
Spending their parent's ill gotten wealth, at 25 and 21 they are old enough to realize that their allowances come from the pillaging of their homeland.
Thanks for hammering this!

schumi

Honorary Master
MPs heckle Ramaphosa as he defends Grace Mugabe decision

Cape Town - Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa was booed by opposition MPs as he repeated government's rationale for granting Zimbabwe's first lady Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity.

Inkatha Freedom Party MP Liesl van der Merwe put Ramaphosa on the spot during a question session in Parliament, asking his opinion on what the decision will mean for gender violence and gender relations in the country.

Mugabe was accused of beating 20-year old South African model, Gabriella Engels, on August 13 at a Johannesburg hotel where her two sons were staying.

Ramaphosa said, by his understanding, the decision was taken in line with "internationally-recognised immunity regulations".

"These regulations and conventions are understood and well recognised at a United Nations level, and that was utilised for this purpose," he said on Wednesday over the groans and objections coming from opposition benches.

"So clearly, it has its own sub-regulation in terms of its own efficacy. It's the first time we have utilised this type of convention.

"A lot can be said pro and against it."

The groans grew louder from Economic Freedom Fighters and Democratic Alliance MPs at this point.

"Order, honourable members," National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete interjected.

"In the end, the clarity that we need on this matter is not full and complete. Yes, in certain environments it is applied, in others, it's not applied," Ramaphosa continued.

'A very painful exercise'

It was decided it applied in Mugabe's case, and that was why she was allowed to leave the country, he finished.
The International Relations and Co-operation portfolio committee on Wednesday resolved to call in Nkoana-Mashabane to account for the events that led to Mugabe leaving the country.

The committee held a workshop on Wednesday with department officials to discuss this term's agenda, where it resolved unanimously that Nkoana-Mashabane will be asked to appear following opposition requests.

Meanwhile, Nkoana-Mashabane on Wednesday said granting Mugabe diplomatic immunity was painful.

"I am here. My name is Maite Nkoana-Mashabane. [I am] a very responsible mother, you can ask my children. Others know I am very supportive. It’s been a very painful exercise. It still is. Having said that, we are following the law," she told reporters in Pretoria.

She said she had written to Mbete and the chair of Parliament’s international relations portfolio committee, Siphosezwe Masango, to report on the matter.

A date must still be set for the minister to appear before the committee.

Mugabe was accused of beating Engels with an extension cord.

Engels said she sustained deep cuts to her forehead and the back of her head. She registered a case with the police the next day, alleging assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.

Mugabe returned to her home country on Sunday morning.

News24
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-as-he-defends-grace-mugabe-decision-20170823

ponder

Honorary Master
"These regulations and conventions are understood and well recognised at a United Nations level, and that was utilised for this purpose," he said on Wednesday over the groans and objections coming from opposition benches.
Oh now it works for you but when the ICC says arrest Omar al-Bashir it does not work for you.

schumi

Honorary Master
AfriForum asks court to set aside Grace Mugabe's diplomatic immunity

Johannesburg - AfriForum has filed a review application in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria to set aside the decision by International Relations and Co-operation Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane to grant diplomatic immunity to Grace Mugabe.

The application was filed on Wednesday.

Mugabe is at the centre of an assault claim in SA.

Earlier this month, a case of assault was reported to police by model Gabriella Engels, who claimed that Mugabe had attacked her with an extension cord at a Sandton Hotel on August 13.

A Government Gazette notice, signed by Nkoane-Mashabane reads: "I hereby recognise the immunities and privileges of the First Lady of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Dr Grace Mugabe."

Exclusion

The minister indicated that she had done this "in accordance with the powers vested in me by section 7(2) of the Diplomatic Immunities and Privileges Act 2001 (Act No 37 of 2001) and acting in the Interest of [the] Republic of South Africa".

AfriForum said that, according to a statement by Engels, the minister had incorrectly interpreted Article 7 (2) of the Diplomatic Immunity and Privileges Act, and did not have the power to grant immunity to Mugabe.

Engels also alleges in her statement that the Diplomatic Immunity and Privileges Act excludes the granting of immunity to heads of state who make themselves guilty of causing the death or injuries to people in South Africa.

AfriForum's legal representative Willie Spies argued that if heads of state did not even qualify for immunity in this regard, there was no way that their spouses or family members could get it.

Spies said the court application should be argued in the North Gauteng High Court in the next four or five months.

At a press conference on Wednesday, Nkoana-Mashabane said granting Zimbabwean first lady Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity was painful.

She said she had written to National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete and the chair of Parliament's international relations portfolio committee, Siphosezwe Masango, to report on the matter.

In her letter to Mbete, she stated: "I am writing you this letter to inform you of my decision to confer immunities on the First Lady of the Republic of Zimbabwe. My decision to confer immunities was done in the exercise of and in accordance with the discretion granted to me by section 7(2) of the Diplomatic Immunities and Privileges Act."

"The decision to confer immunities was taken after considering all relevant facts, including the need to uphold the rule of law, ensure fair administration of justice and to uphold the rights of the complaint."

News24

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...de-grace-mugabes-diplomatic-immunity-20170824

schumi

Honorary Master
'#GraceMugabe was combative long before assault case'

Harare, Zimbabwe - Accused of assaulting a young model in a Johannesburg hotel, the wife of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe is a fiery character with political ambitions who describes herself as the "mother of the nation" and whose scoldings of top figures in her husband's government earned her the nickname "Dr. Stop It."

Grace Mugabe returned to Zimbabwe on Sunday after South Africa granted diplomatic immunity despite calls for her prosecution in the alleged attack on August 13, though a group representing the young woman has gone to court in the hope of complicating any attempt by Mugabe to return to South Africa.

The impact of the scandal on Zimbabwe's first lady, whose political maneuvers have stirred speculation that she wants to succeed her 93-year-old husband, has yet to be determined. State-run media have been largely silent about her recent troubles.

"For Grace, the surprise was probably to the extent to which some people were trying to hold her accountable. She is not used to that," said Alex Rusero, a political analyst in Zimbabwe's capital, Harare. He said her supporters likely will not be swayed by the scandal even if rivals try to use it against her, and that "if anything, she will be back on the campaign trail" claiming she was targeted in South Africa by old enemies of her husband.

Grace Mugabe has not appeared at any official events since returning to Harare, though she could join her husband Friday at a scheduled appearance at an agricultural show in the capital, or when he presides over the funeral of an independence war veteran on Saturday.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/special-...s-combative-long-before-assault-case-10925106