Grand Theft Auto 5 pulled for promoting violence against women

Messugga

Honorary Master
It also "promotes" violence against men, machines, the police force/government,...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Australian gamers has bigger concerns to be honest, like their government spying on everyone's online activities and the outrageous video game prices.

TheGrimReaperUH

Ok now let loose the feminists here... The game should be pulled off for promoting violence... not just in a specific gender but rather just the violence.. That being said I don't think it should be pulled off because if you are playing per the rules(Over the age of 18) then I'm pretty dam sure that you know what video game violence is...

Datura

Captain Faptastic
It also "promotes" violence against men, machines, the police force/government,...
And animals. If you throw a grenade for Chop instead of his ball, he still goes to fetch it. Kaboom.

furpile

Expert Member
So they are not allowed to play a violent game, but violent movies are ok? Same for violent TV shows, books, graphic novels etc. People always pick on games because they believe it has the magical power of turning good boys into homicidal psychopaths. Too bad it's usually their parents and environments that are to blame, but hey, lets ban video games instead.

“Games like this are grooming yet another generation of boys to tolerate violence against women,” the petition said.
I wouldn't call any 18+ year old a boy, so maybe their parents should do their duty and actually watch what their kids are doing.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Nanny state. Just like the UK.
No GTA because Australians older than 18 don't know murder nd random violence is wrong.

Gender free December because girls and boys are the same.

:rolleyes:

McT

The Humble Scot!
When are they pulling Crysis, Far Cry, Half Life and other like it?

And on a more serious note, they ought to pull Serious Sam for promoting violence against aliens. Heck! What are all the ETs out there going to think about when they make their first encounter with us? Grief! :eek: :erm:

D3nz

Honorary Master
My sons don't discriminate. I see them killing every bloody thing that moves :twisted:,but I'm quite sure they know the difference between video games and real life.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
My sons don't discriminate. I see them killing every bloody thing that moves :twisted:,but I'm quite sure they know the difference between video games and real life.
/reports bad mother to Australian authorathas

McT

The Humble Scot!
So Hamster is the weasel selling out forumites to the sheep-shaggers :eek: