Graphics card that won’t break the bank

Vikki Sixx

Hey guys, can I get some recommendations on a good graphics card which will be used for gaming, 3D rendering etc but won’t kill me. Don’t mind if it slightly older and on the second hand market. Been looking at the Radeon RX 480 8Gb ... that any good

Snyper564

Executive Member
go to carbonite.co.za loads of secondhand GPUS I bought most of my PC there but please dont get scammed there are itraders so you can see past users trades

Snyper564

Executive Member
For example:

Item: Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8gb
Price: R1650
Warranty: probably none
Packaging: None, if shipped can make a plan
Condition: works perfectly, stress tested, maybe slight scuffing on cooler
Reason: Reselling
Shipping: all on you
Collection: preferred
Link: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB GDDR5 256bit PCI-E 3.0 Desktop Graphics Card - Wootware

ponder

Honorary Master
Hey guys, can I get some recommendations on a good graphics card which will be used for gaming, 3D rendering etc but won’t kill me. Don’t mind if it slightly older and on the second hand market. Been looking at the Radeon RX 480 8Gb ... that any good
Carbonite but check the persons itrader status, how long they've been a member etc.

You did not specify a budget?

Rohan

Just be careful when buying 2nd hand. If the card was used for mining it's most likely not working 100% anymore.

cerebus

Honorary Master
You really need to specify a budget. R2000? R3000? There's a big difference in what you can get. 480 is really quite old by now.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Just be careful when buying 2nd hand. If the card was used for mining it's most likely not working 100% anymore.
BS, look at the itrader as a start

But its a BS comment in general

MEIOT

Expert Member
RX580's go for cheap on Carb. Good value for money. Some as low as R1700 and slightly under for the 8GB models.

Personally, for a value card I'd suggest a Vega 56 for a decent price flashed with the Vega 64 bios. Seriously impressive card IMO

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
RX580's go for cheap on Carb. Good value for money. Some as low as R1700 and slightly under for the 8GB models.

Personally, for a value card I'd suggest a Vega 56 for a decent price flashed with the Vega 64 bios. Seriously impressive card IMO
It also basically a jet engine if you have blower cooler , that's one normally that can be flashed with vega 64 bios. I had one :p

Atm have rx 5700 blower flashed to XT, also a jet engine ! But at-least I got free performance upgrade with XT bios.

gertvanjoe

Mining does not destroy cards. Heat does. I have an ex-mining 1070ti and it works perfectly

gertvanjoe

Heat destroys cards?

/Laughs in OC'd Fermi GPU running for more than a decade.
@Rohan see not even heat can. Although it will shorten its life for sure, but how do you really want it too last anyways. If one has to OC to keep up, start saving and OC away within reason till it gives. That's my philosophy