Great deals from Takealot and Dion Wired

McGuywer

Executive Member
Guzzle.co.za

Oops, I mean, how good is the ematic TV box?
Does it work as it should?
I am concerned about the 100mbps network connection.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Guzzle.co.za

Assuming it's the same as my dad's LIT box from Telkom, which it looks like, then it's really awesome. I installed VLC on it for him, and using that it can play anything on a flash drive. Very nice apps for Netflix, YouTube and ShowMax preinstalled as well.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Assuming it's the same as my dad's LIT box from Telkom, which it looks like, then it's really awesome. I installed VLC on it for him, and using that it can play anything on a flash drive. Very nice apps for Netflix, YouTube and ShowMax preinstalled as well.
Thank you, better than an Apple TV?

maumau

Honorary Master
Guzzle.co.za

Who was it who used to do the Guzzle thing? Anybody remember?

McGuywer

Executive Member

maumau

Honorary Master

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Thank you, better than an Apple TV?
My step-dad has an Apple TV. I absolutely hate that f**king thing. I rate basically everything above it. The touch controller is utterly useless and infuriating, it can't read flash drives, loading foreign apps for use with smart DNS services is such a chore etc.

Even without anything to compare it to, the LIT box is just pleasant to use and does everything.

DiabloDane

Expert Member
My step-dad has an Apple TV. I absolutely hate that f**king thing. I rate basically everything above it. The touch controller is utterly useless and infuriating, it can't read flash drives, loading foreign apps for use with smart DNS services is such a chore etc.

Even without anything to compare it to, the LIT box is just pleasant to use and does everything.
i also got the LIT, does everything i need it to do, im a big time apple fan, if i could afford one id own one but the LIT is awesome

Hemps

Honorary Master
Guzzle.co.za

Decent device, although you run out of space very quickly, need to get SD card to add more space.

Boot times are decent, no issues connecting to my la or Wifi, 4K streams fine over Wifi from Plex server using MrMC.
Remote is a bit clicky but I'm used to Apple TV 4 remote which is silent.

x32

Exactly what I thought but didn't want to say unless I misled. He's still around so wonder what made him stop, unless he just got bored with it.

Thanks for solving the puzzle, it was niggling me.
The deals articles always used to come out on Friday afternoon...

I think when they switched it to mornings, people stopped posting it. Although it seems that it is now making a comeback :)

DiabloDane

Expert Member
768752i wont shed a tear, those who can afford to shop at Dion Wired wont even realize they've disappeared either