Great software which makes your life much easier

konfab

Honorary Master
I have migrated away from asciidoctor in favour of markdeep. This to me is the ultimate document format. I can write it up in plaintext markdown, then it renders to a nice html page when you open the page with a webbrowser. I currently have a private telegram channel that I use as a recipe book, with my recipes written in markdeep.

Markdeep: https://casual-effects.com/markdeep/
Markdeep is a technology for writing plain text documents that will look good in any web browser, whether local or remote. It supports diagrams, calendars, equations, and other features as extensions of Markdown syntax.

Markdeep is free and easy to use. It doesn't require a plugin or Internet connection. Your document never leaves your machine and there's nothing to install. Just start writing in your favorite text editor. You don't have to export, compile, or otherwise process your document.

OkPlankton

Groupy for "tabbing" various applications together.

Aquasnap, way better than Windows's built in window snapping.

WinMerge - Doing file comparisons.

Boxcryptor - Encryption software to secure cloud files

TeraCopy - File copying utility
Thanks! Just started using WinMerge & Aquasnap. Just what I needed.

redspark

Expert Member
  • Audacity: Free, open source, cross-platform audio software. Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other.
I leant with shock that Audicity was Muse Group (the same folk who own MuseScore and Ultimate Guitar) and they apparently turned it into spyware :eek::mad: Luckily, open source projects have 99 lives (a few forks have come up)

netstrider

Expert Member
A few I use:

Firefox
Free Download Manager
WinSCP
Powertoys
7-Zip
WOMic (since my laptop's Mic is borked)
Snipping Tool
Pocket
Bitwarden