Grid Host/1-Host

lupedelupe

Do they have a rep here?

Service to date has been abominable. Seeking support has been nothing short of a waste of both time and money. :wtf:

Phrased another way: MBB peeps please recommend an alternative host.

Solitude

Expert Member
Yes they do. [MENTION=520443]1-grid[/MENTION]

Personally I'd recommend Domains.co.za, Hostking, Webspacebar or Elitehost.

lupedelupe

Thanks [MENTION=62071]Solitude[/MENTION], will consider those. Really am ***vol of 1-Grid and their – quite literally – non-existent service.

HunterGR

Expert Member
They finally broke my last straw today, moved every single one of my clients to another host. They are utterly useless, i guess they should re-brand again to sucker in some other unsuspecting customers.

Cancelled debit order too with the bank, let them keep sending me payment reminders.

Good riddance

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Didn't they rebrand now as 1-grid. Amazing how they changes names to escape their pathetic past. Who owns this useless company.

pancakes

Didn't they rebrand now as 1-grid. Amazing how they changes names to escape their pathetic past. Who owns this useless company.
WebAfrica bought Gridhost some time ago, and then recently rebranded as 1-Grid for hosting and kept WebAfrica for internet connectivity.

ChalkCheese

^ Partially correct. WebAfrica bought Gridhost a couple of years ago and then sold off to new owners this year. The new owners rebranded to 1-Grid.

pancakes

^ Partially correct. WebAfrica bought Gridhost a couple of years ago and then sold off to new owners this year. The new owners rebranded to 1-Grid.
Didn't know they sold off. Know what happened to the other businesses they owned? Did they just sell everything off to the European lot?

ChalkCheese

Didn't know they sold off. Know what happened to the other businesses they owned? Did they just sell everything off to the European lot?
AFAIK they sold to German guys. Not sure about the other businesses, presumably it just became part of the same company which is now 1Grid.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
They finally broke my last straw today, moved every single one of my clients to another host. They are utterly useless, i guess they should re-brand again to sucker in some other unsuspecting customers.

Cancelled debit order too with the bank, let them keep sending me payment reminders.

Good riddance
+1. Absolutely useless.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Do they have a rep here?

Service to date has been abominable. Seeking support has been nothing short of a waste of both time and money. :wtf:

Phrased another way: MBB peeps please recommend an alternative host.
Hostking

EDIT: I meant HostKing :eek::p (yes, it's a ref link)