Grindhost / WebAfrica Dishonesty

SAAF_Moody

I do not like doing this, but the straw that broke the camels back happened today.

Long Story short, I'm doing this to warn people of Webafrica and Grindhost's dishonest practice and terrible service.

1. I've been trying to update my information with WebAfrica for years, and I do mean years. Somehow they still have managed to retain the incorrect information.

• After trying to move one of my domains away from them, they managed to somehow remove it from their own client-zone. I thought this meant that things were working because my site was still up and I was still working with my site through its server hosting. Issue being when it came to pay for the said service. I couldn't, because the domain was no longer listed as mine on their client-zone. After some investigation I found my domain was now with enom.

Webafrica's solution, tell me to pay my enom account! I can not pay an account that I do not have! Web Africa ended up fining me for late payment. Which I refused to pay. This was also when Webafrica transferred all its hosting to Grindhost. Now Grindhost was also invoicing me for the same domain!

Eventually both Webafrica and Grindhost both debited my account for the same domain, fines included!

• Now I'm trying to remove all four of my domains from Grindhost. Which is fast becoming a nightmare in itself, and this promoted me to post a 1 star review on Google... And this review is what ended up forcing me to make this post:

Google Reviews for Grindhost currently have a 3.3 average out of 5 Stars from 26 reviews. I found this really odd because this was the view that presented itself to me:

So i decided to do a little investigation.

Those red highlighted names are all employees of Grindhost/Webafrica. This was a 5 min check up and I have screenshots of all of their LinkedIn accounts. I didn't bother going any further because the picture was clear.

To sum up. Grindhost/Webafrica has stolen from me, never updated their information on me and are more than willing to post fake reviews to hide their lack of service to mislead the public.

I'll be updating this as soon as my domains are(/if) transferred away. But for now, view this post as my official warning.

Kind Regards,
Frank Moody.

Last edited:

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
I do not like doing this, but the straw that broke the camels back happened today.

Long Story short, I'm doing this to warn people of Webafrica and Grindhost's dishonest practice and terrible service.

1. I've been trying to update my information with WebAfrica for years, and I do mean years. Somehow they still have managed to retain the incorrect information.

• After trying to move one of my domains away from them, they managed to somehow remove it from their own client-zone. I thought this meant that things were working because my site was still up and I was still working with my site through its server hosting. Issue being when it came to pay for the said service. I couldn't, because the domain was no longer listed as mine on their client-zone. After some investigation I found my domain was now with enom.

Webafrica's solution, tell me to pay my enom account! I can not pay an account that I do not have! Web Africa ended up fining me for late payment. Which I refused to pay. This was also when Webafrica transferred all its hosting to Grindhost. Now Grindhost was also invoicing me for the same domain!

Eventually both Webafrica and Grindhost both debited my account for the same domain, fines included!

• Now I'm trying to remove all four of my domains from Grindhost. Which is fast becoming a nightmare in itself, and this promoted me to post a 1 star review on Google... And this review is what ended up forcing me to make this post:

Google Reviews for Grindhost currently have a 3.3 average out of 5 Stars from 26 reviews. I found this really odd because this was the view that presented itself to me:

So i decided to do a little investigation.

Those red highlighted names are all employees of Grindhost/Webafrica. This was a 5 min check up and I have screenshots of all of their LinkedIn accounts. I didn't bother going any further because the picture was clear.

To sum up. Grindhost/Webafrica has stolen from me, never updated their information on me and are more than willing to post fake reviews to hide their lack of service to mislead the public.

I'll be updating this as soon as my domains are(/if) transferred away. But for now, view this post as my official warning.

Kind Regards,
Frank Moody.

Hi Frank

Please confirm your account details to allow our team to have a look and ensure support for this asap - team on standby for your DM

evilbob

Gridhost also stole from me. Their customer service is useless. Stay clear.

They debited my account for a domain renewal and hosting and then 2 days later sent me a threat of termination of service for non payment. This was not the first time their billing system was incorrect so I cancelled my account and moved to another service provider.

They did not renew the domain, they just pocketed the R99 renewal. The call logging system closed my call for no updates, although I sent about 5, both via email and on the web. I phoned a couple times and then decided it is not worth it for R99.